Ameristar/UPS contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes USA Jet lay offs

I thought that the lay off was already common knowledge, USA Jet laid off, 11 pilots on 5-23. Most of the pilots were hired in Mar 03 due to a very strong 1st quarter of 2003, we figured it was the start of the rebound, but it was not a start of a rebound as anyone in this business knows. The laid off was the preferred method of cutting payroll costs as opposed to an across the board reduction in pay, our loyalty is with our long term pilots, the guys who have stayed here over the pass few years, and almost all of the pilots supported the lay off option. With the planned start of our passenger operations this fall most of these guys will probably be back by the end of the year. No one except 4 DA-20 instructor Captains took any pay cuts, four of our DA-20 Capt. gave up their $1,000/mo instructor incentive because there is no training taking place. All Capts moving to the right seat are keeping their Capt's pay. We do this becasue we truly care about the peole who work for us. Times are tuff. For poco loco I am glad you elected to not come to work here, it sounds like you would not have been happy. Unhappy people set out bad vibes, can't have any of those bad vibes.

Re: USA Jet

Anybody who's been on these boards for a while knows that
Randy Hotton aka Pilot Yip is "FULL-OF-SH!T"!! he along with the other principals at USAJet JAY the CP and Ray the DO are known very well amoungst the Yip incestious family as the biggest Bullsh!ter's around...
so please take everything he says with a couple grains of salt!

You've been advised

Taz;)

Now Taz

I know your mommy raised you better than that, remember what she said if you can not say something nice in public don't say anything at all. You and Ralph still tight buddies? We are having an allumi meeting at the "wedge" see you then, good hearing from you.

I flew at USA JET up until recently being Layed off. Compared to where I came from and many freinds in the 135/121 Freight industry I believe that USA JET was by far the best place to fly for. I thoroughly enjoyed flying there and hope to return soon. Mean while I will enjoy flying the Airshow circuit this summer in a C-47 or a B-17 and a B-25 if I am lucky.

The Truth About PilotYip

A Man is always judged by his words.........so these are the words of Pilot Yip..."FORMER" Dir. of Training at USA JET........" I was an off the street Captain at Zantop, I was paid as a Captain I was trained as a Captain But Never flew one Revenue trip as Captain"
So now you have it Chief Bullsh!ter and wanabee..now Instructor pilot at USAJet.......that's scarery! Maybe you'll should call him and
express your concerns "you can call me anytime 734-547-7244."

Be Very Careful with this guy,
He's DANGERIOUS!!!!!!

TAZ

And if y'all don't believe me ask any Pilot at USAJet and
you will get the truth!

now wasn't that nice

Again did not your mother teach you proper manners, what is said in private is suppose to stay in private, your public post here is much less conciliatory than the private post you sent me. Gentleman do not aire their dirty laundry in public, but then again you have nothing to fear for you hide in the non-de-plume of TAZ and are not accountable by name for anything you say. I have had one goal since I came to work at USA Jet Airlines and that is to make it a better place to work, and that is not easy in our business. The goal was to become the best of the bottom feeders, and think we have made that goal. We are the highest paid in our segment of the industry with the most days off. 33K starting for DA-20 F/O with 9 day off per month, this is twice the starting of DA-20 Captains at other DA-20 non-skeds, 36K for DC-9 F/O's with 13 days off per month. We have had no turnover to other non-skeds since you left, except for training failures. I have chosen a higher road and am very public on who I am and this board has helped me stay in touch with many of my former flying buddies, would any current USA Jet pilots care to comment on Taz's BS?

Well pilotyip and Taz I think you two have just proven the saying posted elsewhere on this board about the similarities between arguing online and the special olympics.

Momma's Boy....

TAZ,

You sound like a little whinnie mama's boy. Why don't you post your name here, you seem to throw other peoples around freely. I am amazed some one with your attitude and arrogance has made it in this industry. If you are an ALPA member I definately would be ashamed to call you a brother. So, Taz why don't you post your name and quit hiding like a little B!TCH. Actually come to think of it you remind me the 5 year old kid next door, anyway quit hiding.

I haven't posted anything here in many months, but after reading most of your appauling post I couldn't help to reply.

CW

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back