Ameristar/UPS contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hose A. Jiminez

I heard Ameristar might be making a bid to do the feeder flying for UPS out of DFW. Anyone else heard this?

beginning of the end?

When Relient started taking their airplanes off of the on-demand business and started scheduled contract flying they when out of business in about a year and a half. You can not make any money flying schedule, becasue it always goes to the lowest bidder who is working on a shoe string. a couple hick up's like an engine change and you have eaten up any profit. And then like Relient when the contracting company says well we don't need you any more, on a 30 day notice, you are out of business.

yes, but if Ameristar is hurting as bad as im hearing they are, they may just try it in order to keep em afloat.

...i am curious as to how they will be able to compete with the likes of Ameriflight (speaking of shoestringers) who basically has a lock on the UPS stuff...along with Martinaire that is.

It would be Ameriflights contract that they are bidding for. And there is plenty of money to be made in scheduled contracts as long as you keep eggs in other baskets as well. If AMF loses the UPS contract to AJI this would be the lesson to have learned.

I haven't heard anything on this. Not saying this isn't true, but the higher ups that I am buddies with haven't mentioned it. wing - we are hurting, but not as bad as our competion. Everyone is hurting greatly but when you check out flight exploer, we seem to have the most in the air. If we are about to throw in towel, everyone else will be to.

rumor mill

Heard from a crew member on the road, that Ameristar pilots are experiencing lay offs and benefits cuts, any truth to this rumor? Nothing like that going on a USA Jet, average pays are DA-20 F/O 34K, DA-20 Capt 60K , DC-9 F/O 40K, DC-9 Capt 75K, no cuts in any benefits, no roll back of recent pay increases, proceding business as usual.

Re: rumor mill

pilotyip said:
...Ameristar pilots are experiencing lay offs and benefits cuts, any truth to this rumor?

ditto, ive heard this one ona and off for the past 2 months now. anyone verify this on here?

...ill go call a friend ;)

pilotyip - Nothing like that going on at USA Jet
According to Xfr8dog, USA Jet laid off 13 in May. How many guys laid off after Sept. 11 and how many planes parked. I know USA jet had a DA20 in LRD parked for over six months. Pilotyip, you can't tell me things are peachy keen over there. We are all hurting. Things are definetly tight. We laid off 5 with no talk of laying off anymore. Insurance benefits decreased but no pay cuts. It will definetly be interesting to see who is still around in the future. And no pilotyip, I am not saying your company will be one of them but I think there will be fewer of us.

Being that I keep up with friends there, I can tell ya this......From what I "hear", they let go 4 new ELP F.O.`s not long ago, the pay freeze is still in effect, and they have changed the days off rules as of recent. Now instead of being off at 6 a.m. on your day off, the company has 48 hours to get you home if you are on the road.

I also heard Tom W. and Fleet L. have recently joined the gay pilots association.

Just checked out flight explorer. Planes in the air at this moment:

Ameristar - 2 DA20s and 3 Lears
USA - 3 DA20s and 1 DC9
Kallita - 1 Lear
Cherry - none
Grand Air - none

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back