Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atpcliff

My buddy just called me from a trip.

He was just in Del Rio, and he saw the crash site.

He said the Lear landed long, and went off the end of the runway. I was hoping the pilots got out, but he said one died in the crash, and the other in the hospital from burn injuries.

DRT doesn't have a good cargo track record. Earlier this year, a Grand Aire Falcon leaving there crashed in STL.

My prayers are with the families.

CLiff
ELP

Last edited:
...confirmed. apparently the captain didnt make it, but the co-pilot did. i didnt know him, but knew her quite well from her previous job. and to think she was waiting anxiously for her contract to run out so she could get out of there. shes apparently doing allright, but suffered some pretty bad burns...more later :(

I'm glad my info was wrong, and that someone survived. I hope she doesn't have to stay in the hospital long.

Cliff
ELP

yes, i have her name, but not his (very foreign is all i was told). apparently they landed, and had some sort of problem with the brakes. they tried for the go-around, but a fence snagged em and the a/c ended up in a graveyard (of all places). the guard of the place got her out, but couldnt get him. shes in at the burn unit, and apparently in pretty bad shape. :( :( :(

*EDIT* for accuracy

Last edited:
...it always amazes me as to whats not left of the plane anymore, after such an incident :(

Latest resources

Back