Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Daytonaflyer

Last edited:
Looks like Ameristar is flying one of their 737's to Kingston, Jamaica right now.
Hurricane Dean is just about to strike the island at Category 4 strength.
If I were the captain, I don't think I'd want to take that trip.

I'm sure AJI is being royally paid. ;)

Although it doesn't look too bad until later tomorrow:
MKJP 190500Z 03003KT 9999 FEW022 SCT220 29/19 Q1009

MKJP 190300Z 190606 36005KT 9999 FEW024CB BECMG 1416 36025KT 7000 SHRA BKN018 SCT022CB BKN090 BECMG 1719 36040G55KT 3000 +TSRA BKN012 BKN018CB BECMG 2301 130740G55KT

I sure hope they don't break down there.

That would suck though. But I heard the dispatch reliability of AJI's 73s is really good. ;)

Good thing. Those guys are braver than I am. I hope it was a humanitarian mission to get people off the island or something like that.

D'oh, it looks like they've changed the links from both of my original posts...the first one was a Flight Aware track of an Ameristar 737 trip going from KADS to Kingston, Jamaica.

Then second was a satellite picture of Hurricane Dean about to touch Kingston, Jamaica.

Last edited:
TW and PH wouldn't have done it for charity, you can bet someone paid handsomely to get whoever was there out.
I wonder if the DC-9's are flying.....

To bad they don't pay the crews who hang their a$$ out on the line to get the job done,,,,, THAT PLACE is terrible....

And You bet your a$$ if the Captain said no,,,, They would haul him in the office to try to force him into doing it anyway,,, or he would just get a phone call to his cell phone from the DO trying to talk him into it.

I can hear the conversation NOW..."If you don't do it we will lose a $50,000 charter" or "You have to do it" and yet the most favorite.... "Are you refusing the trip" almost as if there is a threat to your job,,,,,,,

NO MATTER WHAT..... THAT PLACE IS A $HITTY place to work,,,,, It is amazing to me that there have been 35 + DC-9 pilots who have been burned by that company,,,, and YET the best excuse they can come up with is they were all bad guys,,, HMMMMMM ,,,, 35+ pilots,,, or just one $hitty company,,,,, You do the math....

There is a lot of B$ in how much money pilots make there,,,, Not to mention what you have to do to get it.,.,..

I feel bad for any young guy who goes there and has to sign his name to an AMEX card that he is responsible for and the company uses his name to get,,,,,,

Maybe some of the guys who got $crewed on that one would like to talk about that,,,,,

Never the less if anyone considers it,,,, DC-9 flight time of 300 hrs a year in the airplane, and roughly 250+ Days away from home sitting in a hotel is not worth it,,,,

once again maybe some of the guys who did it will have some more advice on that,,,,

My advice,,, STAY AWAY....

Last edited:
To bad they don't pay the crews who hang their a$$ out on the line to get the job done,,,,, THAT PLACE is terrible....

And You bet your a$$ if the Captain said no,,,, They would haul him in the office to try to force him into doing it anyway,,, or he would just get a phone call to his cell phone from the DO trying to talk him into it.

I can hear the conversation NOW..."If you don't do it we will lose a $50,000 charter" or "You have to do it" and yet the most favorite.... "Are you refusing the trip" almost as if there is a threat to your job,,,,,,,

NO MATTER WHAT..... THAT PLACE IS A $HITTY place to work,,,,, It is amazing to me that there have been 35 + DC-9 pilots who have been burned by that company,,,, and YET the best excuse they can come up with is they were all bad guys,,, HMMMMMM ,,,, 35+ pilots,,, or just one $hitty company,,,,, You do the math....

There is a lot of B$ in how much money pilots make there,,,, Not to mention what you have to do to get it.,.,..

I feel bad for any young guy who goes there and has to sign his name to an AMEX card that he is responsible for and the company uses his name to get,,,,,,

Maybe some of the guys who got $crewed on that one would like to talk about that,,,,,

Never the less if anyone considers it,,,, DC-9 flight time of 300 hrs a year in the airplane, and roughly 250+ Days away from home sitting in a hotel is not worth it,,,,

once again maybe some of the guys who did it will have some more advice on that,,,,

My advice,,, STAY AWAY....
Oh quit griping. Ameristar, Cherry and Grand are 3 of the best companies a pilot could work for. My advise is to go to work for them and... make it your first career option.

Here we go again! Good to see you Hammer. Go back to the fractional world.

Latest resources

Back