• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Amerijet Scabs/Jumpseat Heads Up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Added some names to my book.....There's a lot of young-ish faces on that website. I don't know why anyone would scab in a highly unionized industry such as this, but for a relatively young person to do it for the wages Amerijet offers? Why risk getting added to a list that could do some serious damage to your future earnings potential and quality of life? Penny-wise, pound foolish if you ask me, even if you don't agree with the strike.

Google IBT Amerijet, make a phone call.

Or, just spend 2 minutes quizzing a potential rider as to who he is, where he's going, why he's going. From my personal experience, the type of person who is a Scab will display an evasive, "weasel" type personality that you'll probably pick up on. It's basic profiling, same thing a Cop is going to do to you if you get pulled over.

You may still get B.S'd, but the chances are that the type of person who thinks the career floodgates are going to open at Amerijet for crossing a line, isn't going to be replacing Billy Mays.
The scab will:
Will have the smell of human excrement on their breath
Will not look you in the eye
Will have a founding member of NAMBLA card in their wallet
Will smell of ball sweat

Feel free to add your own!
PBR

there was more then a few UPS mgt pilots who are scabs also. Some have now retired but several remain.

Where was your indignation when ALPA let the scabs back in the union? Plus I can't tell you how many times people have said on this forum that the jumpseat should not be used as a weapon? Which is it folks? Are we against scabs or are we not? Do we deny jumpseats or don't we?

I think the scabs should have never been allowed back in the union, and I also think it's perfectly acceptable to deny the jumpseat for any number of reasons.

Tell me, should I check every CAL or Airtran pilot before I let them on the jumpseat? Cause if you answer no you are a hypocrit.

What airline did Prater come from? Yep. That explain a lot about ALPO.

What airline did Prater come from? Yep. That explain a lot about ALPO.

Captain Prater was a full-term striker. The idea that someone like you would criticize him is laughable.

People always complain about how bad ALPA is but never try to change it from the inside. Prater is a great example of how good ALAP can be.

Did it ever occur to you that Prater helped toss CAL's independent union in preference for returning to ALAP? Is it just a coincidence that Prater rose to where he did? It is amazing what one can do from within ALPA.. that is if you can just get your union back inside it.

Did anyone ever notice the loudest proponents of changing ALPA from the inside are the ones who receive the most FPL? Oh, yeah... don't forget.. we are ALPA.

Last edited:
Where was your indignation when ALPA let the scabs back in the union? Plus I can't tell you how many times people have said on this forum that the jumpseat should not be used as a weapon? Which is it folks? Are we against scabs or are we not? Do we deny jumpseats or don't we?

I think the scabs should have never been allowed back in the union, and I also think it's perfectly acceptable to deny the jumpseat for any number of reasons.

Tell me, should I check every CAL or Airtran pilot before I let them on the jumpseat? Cause if you answer no you are a hypocrit.

YES! YOU SHOULD! When I worked at XJT (dba as CoEx) I had a UAL guy look my name up on the list. I was 10 years old in 83 but I had no objection to it. I understand his concern completely.

I just ask the CAL pilots when they were hired. One guy said '83. I asked if he was hired during the strike. He said yes and tried to justify himself. Then he started bragging about how it was the best decision he ever made. Unfortunately, my captain let him on. Fortunately, I was able to sabotage his bag and ruin all his clothes. Childish, yes. Do I feel good about it? Damn right. I'd do it again if given the opportunity.

This thread needs to remain active until the strike is over.
Those who cross a picket line are Scabs.
If you cross a picket line then you belong on the Master Scab List.
Sadly it appears I will be adding to my list.

Regards.

Latest resources

Back