• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

The_Russian

Low Level Pilot
What is the latest info on Amerijet?

I am looking for the good, bad, and the ugly. I have read the other threads and most seem to be pretty old info.

Give me all the ACMI dirt, baby!

my favorite description of that place goes something like,"wrap your self in aluminum pour jet a on your head then set you self on fire and save yourself the time."

The old guy still teaching ground school?

Yeah. I'm looking at him right now. J.G. if it is the same guy. He is yelling at an FE right now about AC power vs DC!

When he goes on break, go to his laptop and skip forward about 30-40 pages makes the day go by faster. While your're at it turn the AC down as cold as possible, itll drive him nuts.

Russian, are you looking to get on with an acmi airline? You probably have a decent schedule on the e120 already? That acmi freight lifestyle (working the backside of the clock) can sometimes be brutal to alot of people.

The old guy still teaching ground school?

If youre referring to C.Y. at Aeroservice, I believe he still is. Sadly though, one of their most senior and beloved instructors, Joe Meek has passed away recently.

As for Amerijet, they are the absolute worst of the worst. They're losing people like you would'nt believe and as previously mentioned, you'll end up a scab if you go work for them. It would take me hours to list all of the reasons why you wouldnt want to work there but it's been discussed in previous posts and is very accurate. If you're looking to step up your career from a regional or simply want to fly a Boeing, be fore-warned, Amerijet is not the way to go. Speaking from personal experience...

Latest resources

Back