Amerijet dispatchers/strike

flt1ncu

Total Time
During this Amerijet strike, who is dispatching the aircraft? Are the dispatchers union?

Pull To Guns

Total Time
13 Yrs
During this Amerijet strike, who is dispatching the aircraft? Are the dispatchers union?
IMHO, dispatchers are not legally required for this type of operation. They just have whomever they are getting to fly the planes push the buttons on the Dell. Or management, or admins. It ain't rocket science to punch in city pairs, times, registration numbers and get a flight plan. Then have the pilots interpret the WX and make adjustments as necessary.

IF they had dispatchers and IF those dispatchers were IBT, I doubt they would be crossing any picket lines.

TransMach

Total Time
>12K
Ajt

AJT is 121 Supplemental ... doesn't require a dispatcher (lisenced or not) to issue the release. The flight release is issued by anyone that the GOM/FOM specifies. A flight follower is the only requirement and the flight follower can issue the release if the GOM/FOM so allows.

TransMach

Pull To Guns

Total Time
13 Yrs
Thanks TM. I thought it was someting like that. Lucky, semi-informed guess on my part.

bcp7

Total Time
120 hr
OTOH, most of these supplemental carriers do hire people with their dispatch certificates as it significantly reduces their insurance premiums. I am not aware of any supplemental carriers which are unionized, though.

onewithwings

Total Time
14 yrs
I am not aware of any supplemental carriers which are unionized, though.
Nor am, I but I do believe Evergreen "dispatchers" tried to unionize a few years back.

dispatchguy

Dad is my favorite title
Total Time
NIL
RYN is a supplemental - their website sez they have dom and flag authority...

deltabobo

Total Time
NIL
Doug is right, Supplemental certificate with Domestic/Flag authority. However, there is rumors circulating right now that they may want to exchange our Supp Cert for a Flag Cert. Again, just rumors.

SKC

Total Time
I wonder what the Admiral is thinking with those rumors. Wonder what benefit they would have in changing over to a Flag cert instead of the current Supp certificate.

onewithwings

Total Time
14 yrs