Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CaptBuzzard

I'm back!
I was just hired the other day for a PA-31 position. I am excited about working there. I have been reading the complaints about AMF, but everyone I know that works there, or has worked there says nothing but good things. I am happy that after 3 months of being laid off from another 135 company, that I got a call. I was called out of the blue for an interview with no recommendations or anything. I am so happy to get back into what I love to do. Perfect time too. I love the summer flying where I am. After the winter in a 402, I am looking forward to something good.

Flew at Ameriflight (even when they changed their name from California Air Charter) back in 1987. They were good people then, and I have many good memories. Only with them for less than a year before greener pastures, i.e. Wings West Airlines. They were a great way to get into 135.
It's a tribute to their success that they have been around as long as they have. Any place has gripes, believe me, its all a matter of what you do about it to make it better.
Congratulations on your employment. Hope you have equally good memories.

I flew for Ameriflight 3 years ago. Having worked at 2 other 135 cargo operators, Ameriflight had their act together for the most part. I had a couple of run-in's with some of the management up in OAK, but I wasn't based up there too long. PHX and BUR were awesome, especially night crews.

Where are you gonna be based?

Thanks!

I will be based in PDX. I can't wait to get started.

Latest resources

Back