Ameriflight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ableone

I just looked at the Ameriflight sight and see that they no longer operate the lance.

Anybody know when the got rid of the lance fleet and where those airframes ended up?

I was doing a trip to SLN and seen one of them flying some checks down to ICT I think. They have been gone about 2 to 3 years now.

I just looked at the Ameriflight sight and see that they no longer operate the lance.

Anybody know when the got rid of the lance fleet and where those airframes ended up?

This is just speculation on my part but I have a real strong suspicion that most ended up being cannibalized for parts or in the junk yard.

At least one west coast part 135 operator ended up taking several of the PHX AMF lances. AMF PHX discontinued the lances back in late 2005.

How did we go from a single Piper Lance to Twin Cessna 402. By the way if you want to go way back the 402's at one time belonged to a company called Sports Air Travel whom Amerflight purchased years ago. Aero Flight (BFI) also has some ex Sports Air/AMF 402's too.

Latest resources

Back