• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameriflight questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, the ol' 3 inch knot with the tip of the tie about 6 inches above the belt... "Foooollksssss...this is how an Ameriflight professional should look" I couldn't stop laughing when I heard that. Funny stuff. The dude knows a TON, though. And like everyone else said...DON'T ask stupid questions or give stupid answers.

I'm actually waiting to transfer to SLC, but have to wait for all the new PDX guys to quit washing out of training and actually get to PDX to relieve me. Been waiting for 3 months now...

Runs in Portland? Well, there are 11 Chieftain runs, 8 are bank runs and 3 are UPS. 2 bank runs show at 6am and get back around 7:45-8:00 p.m. Layover in Pasco and Wenatchee. Another is an 12pm show and then you are back at 4:30 but sit reserve till 7:30. VERY senior. The rest of the bank flights are 7am shows and 8pm arrivals, 9pm on fridays. Brookings, Lakeview, Ontario, Burns, and Medford.

UPS flights are 5:15am shows, but back by 5:30-6:00pm. One is Astoria and Tillamook, another Newport and Florence, and the last is a reserve flight in the morning (backs up the other planes) and then repositions to Roseburg. UPS flights are all senior.

99 runs are all UPS and go to the same places, generally, and VERY senior. We've got guys in the first 15 of the entire seniority list who are still in the 99.

Good base, good people, FUN weather... This place will definately sharpen your skills.

"Beautiful Ramada"

AZaviator said:
Yep, all of us have been there and done that and have our stories about ground school.

Maybe you'll luck out and get that same person to do your PA31 training or your checkride! :laugh:

How's the beautiful Ramada Inn treating you? :D

Best of luck to you!

LMAO, yeah with my luck I will get the same guy for the checkride:D The three inch tie knot thing is hilarious and I gotta admit, it's been great laughing at all of his quirks to say the least. I learned pretty quick not to say anything stupid, which is hard for me sometimes lol. I'm actually stuck in the "beautiful" Ramada this very moment. This hotel is motivation enough to pass training and get the hell outta here :) Thanks for all the well-wishes and advice guys, looking forward to getting on with training :beer:

Scott

DirtyBeech said:
ah, the indoc guy isn't so bad. quirky and funny in his own way. just don't ask any stupid questions or give and stupid answers. and see if you can stop staring at that three inch wide tie knot.

You wouldn't be talking about Ben Stein would you?
Bueller....Bueller....Bueller....

Piston/turbine at Ameriflight

Do you have to start in a piston to get into the turbo-props? If you have no turbine time is it possible to get hired into a BE99, SA-227, BE-1900? If you can start in a turbo-prop, which ones do you get, BE99? Thanks...

Ramada

I was in the Ramada when upgrading to the 99 maybe three years ago. About 8 oclock at night I heard a bunch of helicopters flying around and the front desk called and said there had been a shooting in the parking lot and the police told everyone to stay in their rooms and lock their doors. I turned on the TV and found out two cops were shot in a traffic stop in the back of the Ramada parking lot (you know, that turnaround on the left side). The cops thought the perps were held up in the ramada somewhere. At about one in the morning a swat team and dog did a full search of my room. At least one of the cops died, Maybe both.

Got to love the old ramada.

Latest resources

Back