Ameriflight OAK Base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airpilot

Can anyone tell me about Ameriflight's OAK base? I have heard rumors that it is not the best managed base, although I also hear the upgrade times are shorter that most other bases. Also, where do the Lance routes go? And last of all, how hard is it to get short term housing around there?

Thanks

I have heard rumors that it is not the best managed base,....

There is not a base at Ameriflight that is managed well. We need a union.

BFI is the best they have, but it's just about all sa227 and 1900s so it might be hard to get into the rain forest base.

Amfteamster...Quit, leave, go away...The majority of pilots at AMF don't want people like you around. F-ing crybabies. AMF is not here so life is good for you. Its a business. They are here to make money. Not provide you with a week off at a time, layover apartment and layover car.

Most 135 cargo ops have an apartment or crash pad of some sort to go to during a layover. Since most of the cargo flying that Amflight does is early morning departures with a return trip home later in the evening, they put pilots up at the crash pad for the day. Sure beats hanging out in an FBO all day. The company I used to work for had apartments in all of the cities we flew to. Some were pretty nice, others downright nasty. We had crew cars to go along with the crash pads too. They all had beds, couches, cable t.v. and kitchens. I appreciated a place to sleep or lounge around at after flying in the middle of the night.

You girls act as if a layover facility is a luxury. That is a necessity. Anyone who will take legal rest while sitting at a FBO is not fit to be a professional aviator.

AMFTeamster,

Most of AMF's lines do NOT provide for legal rest at the layover. The only one I flew that did was from Burbank to Bakersfield in the Lance.

A company does have to make money. And in the aviation industry, if you want to make a million, you start with two and quit when you get to one.

Ameriflight does treat their pilots pretty good. I enjoyed my time there. That is if you show up for work on time, do a good job and don't complain. Is that too much to ask?

I hope AMF never gets a union.

328-JET FO

Ameriflight was a decent place to work when I came here too. Things have changed.

We have new management that has little to no management ability and as a result life sucks for AMF pilots now.

A union would force these guys to follow their own rules. At Ameriflight, company rules and policies change whenever AMF management feel like changing them. Usually to cover expenses incurred by poor decision making on their part.

It is not much fun to take pay cuts to cover for poor management decisions.

Trout,

You are very wrong if you think the majority of people at AMF don't want a union. Generally speaking, the only ones who don't want a union are the people who do not have enough experience to realize they need one. Your 2500 hours probably puts you in this category.

amfteamster said:
Your 2500 hours probably puts you in this category.

...so much for subtlety :rolleyes:

amfteamster said:
Your 2500 hours probably puts you in this category.

Maybe you're right. I'm not sure what my 2300 hours of flying for AMF means (its been a while since I updated my profile). Maybe if I had all your experience I would understand.

But give some examples, maybe even an argument, instead of these random accusations and then I'll listen.

What pay cut?

What broken promises?

What poor management?

You seem to be keeping all these management atrocities a secret. Educate us.

Latest resources

Back