Ameriflight OAK Base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trout said:
Maybe you're right. I'm not sure what my 2300 hours of flying for AMF means (its been a while since I updated my profile). Maybe if I had all your experience I would understand.

I'll tell you what it means. It means that you have 2300 hours of flying between 2 airports. It means that you started flying at AMF when you had 1200tt and barely meet the IFR mins. It means that you have never worked anywhere else. It means that you don't know sh!t. You don't even recognize it when they shovel it down your throat. (Thats why guys like you are refered to as mushrooms here at Ameriflight. Management has kept you in the dark and feed you sh!t and you have started to like the taste of it)

Ask a CVG guy about paycuts.

Ask a Dallas guy about broken promises.

Ask anyone who has worked with Gary Hart before about poor management.

Ask yourself if you know anything at all other than what you have been spoon feed by Management.

AMFTEAMSTER,

You must not have many friends; you are a very angry and upset person. I like to use this board to exchange info, not to hear babies like you cry and moan. I'll tell you what. If Ameriflight is so mean and nasty to you, QUIT. GO AWAY. Ameriflight has been a great place for me and I appreciate the Job. If you are not aware of the current situation with the aviation industry I will let you in on a little secret. The aviation industry is in an economic SLUMP. I am sure that you would much rather work for a company that spent money hand over fist even what times were tough and put itself out of business. Sure, because when that happened you would just go find another job, wo gives a CRP about the company that went under. You talk so much about bad managment. Let me guess, here's your business plan. Revenue down, expenses up, wo cares spend lots of money, delcare bankrupsy. Dude, you could not manage a lemonade stand.

I cant believe that you people think that amf management follows the rules. I have been here for awhile and know that OAK managers look the other way to break regs for their needs. But when there are problems, they wash their hands from the pilots. I have seen many things here and the pressure that new pilots have to keep Kurt and the bow-tie manager happy and off their backs.

I dont like amf and 90% of pilots dont like it either. Do you ever wonder why OAK is always hiring pilots at a faster rate than the other bases? AMF is a problem and the FAA knows that....i will never break a reg to keep managment happy. Hell, i dont really give a rats ass about landing within 4 minutes of our ETA either. or flying at max power in cruise to get the package their.

Here is a little news...if you think that amf is a great stepping stone, then i can show you numerous pilots who have been busted or fired to make kurt and his goons happy.

Sir Humpalot said:
90% of pilots dont like it either.

90%? Are saying that 180 out of 200 of our pilots are unhappy? Even if you're right, how could you know that?

And all we're getting are baseless accusations. Give some examples.

What regs are being broken?

What do you mean the FAA is aware of us breaking regs?

And AMFteamster, you're a CVG pilot, what pay cut?

How did Dallas guys get screwed? You obviously know, share it with the rest of us.

I'm asking because I really have not heard anything except this empty complaining.

And also, bring it up a notch, Amfteamster. Be professional and stop questioning my knowlegde or experience. You really know nothing about me or my history. You're better than that.

Trout said:
Amfteamster...Quit, leave, go away...The majority of pilots at AMF don't want people like you around. F-ing crybabies. AMF is not here so life is good for you. Its a business. They are here to make money. Not provide you with a week off at a time, layover apartment and layover car.

Sounds like a management shill if I ever heard one.

You are right....management reads this **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** and are always trying to find out who is who. Why would management always be so worried by checking this board everyday?

I can give you some cases about breaking regs. I was flying out of an airport and the weather was below minimums for takeoff. I called and the management told me that "who would know?" What kind of stuff is that....ofcourse i didnt take off and had a walk to the bloody mr bowtie's office.

There was another lance pilot and our chief in Oak had him fly through a thunderstorm and was laughing about it. I was in dispatch and was shocked by his unprofessionalism.

I have seen more than my share of looking the other way. I know it happens and you are probably asking why still stay there? Well i have a family and bills but one thing for sure, i dont jeopardize my future for packages. I dont give in and they know that. I even went to the FSDO and complained and they were very receptive. I dont give a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** about the management as long as the maintenance is good....thats all i care about.

Oh yeah...ask the guy at OAK about the incident this month and how everyone came down on him. No professionalism....didnt even have the courtesy to talk to him privately.

Trout said:
90%? Are saying that 180 out of 200 of our pilots are unhappy? Even if you're right, how could you know that?

And all we're getting are baseless accusations. Give some examples.

What regs are being broken?

Ok, How about:

Pilots with less experience being pressured to fly IFR into airports that are legal for VFR only

Being pressured to launch to an airport without the wx being forcast above minumums and being told that this was within the regs by (ex)upper mgmt (?!?!?)

Being asked to "adjust" duty times to accomodate the customer or mx problems

changing 6 day lines from 48 units to 40 units (effectively cutting pay)

changing 5 day 40 unit lines to 6 days (effectively cutting pay)

going from three weeks on one off to six on one off (effectively cutting pay)

going from three weeks on one off to all weeks on with 6day lines
(effectively cutting pay)

Being hired to live in or commute to CVG and bid lines and forced to move to an outstation base.

etc

etc

etc

AMFteamster is right. Alot of people here are getting screwed and dont even know it. They dont know any better. Mgmt hands them a turd on a stick and tells them its an icecream cone. They smile and start licking.

I have one up on you.

How about flying ifr into an airport that doesnt have weather reporting. Flight 212 to chico arrives before the airport is open and they dont have any atis or wx reports.

Here is another one, when your Pitot heat is inoperable and told to fly below the freezing level. I was in a layover with a new pilot and couldnt believe that Kurt told him to fly below the freezing level.

I have another one,..there was a pilot with an inoperative oil temp gauge and he was told to continue and make all his stops even though that was a required equipment.

And they say that we dont need a union. Let me correct myself. 80% of pilots in Oakland hate it here.

you want more...i have lots more

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back