Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyer31

"Say when..."
This has probably been covered and I did a search but found nothing substantial. I have been invited to interview in Seattle and wondered if anyone could give me a heads-up on the setup there. I checked out aviation interviewes.com and apart from the regular format only found one guy who interviewed in Seattle. I will cover ALL my bases but wont to be prepared for the “unexpected”. Anything WILL help, Thanks.

sea

what aircraft are you slated to be flying? Will you be based out of seattle?

seattle interview

I know a guy who interviewed up there a year ago & got the job. Don't know any of the technicals, but heard a little from him. They sat him down in front of like 4 or 5 other pilots, who took turns asking him questions. Sounds very intimidating, but you gotta remember that for the most part, these are just line pilots, who have been where you are. I think part of it is to see how you handle pressure, & part just messing w/ you. No sim eval, but I don't know if thats normal.

In my online app my base of preferance was PDX but I would like Seattle. From what I understand it's a pretty senior base and they are kinda fat on pilot right now. I am not sure what I will fly but for noe I just need wings. They do a sim eval at Aviation Flight Training (BFI) and then the interview; they already scheduled me for that.

If you start at PDX or BFI it will be in the Chieftain. I don't think very many PA31 pilots have gotten hired into BFI since about 6 months ago. They only 2 or 3 runs and plenty of Chieftain drivers.

PDX always needs pilots, so plan on that.

lifesabeech said:
I know a guy who interviewed up there a year ago & got the job. Don't know any of the technicals, but heard a little from him. They sat him down in front of like 4 or 5 other pilots, who took turns asking him questions. Sounds very intimidating

My guess is you would be interviewing with the Asst. Chief Pilot at BFI, who is a great guy. I've never heard of a panel interview being done at Ameriflight but who knows.

As citabria pilot stated, Portland seems to be short on pilots. They are always looking for pilots from other bases to help out. My guess is that the PA31 position would be for PDX.

Best of luck.

I interviewed at BFI for a spot in the metro. The interview was with the metro program manager, and techinical as hell. I have interviewed at a few cargo places a 3 regionals and it was by FAR the hardest interview I have done, well techincal hard, no HR stuff really. The place that does the sim has an AMF interview prep which cost me 250$, you might consider it. They had me fly the EXACT profile and did a pretty good oral prep too. If you can get the prep the same day its super nice to "warm up" doing the profile youll be doing in the interview an hour or 2 before you do the real thing.

Metro interviews would be quite a bit harder...don't expect yours to be that hard. I interviewed in sea with the ACP (one on one). Just know the systems in the airplane you currently fly, jepps, applicable regs, etc...he's not out to make you feel stupid, he's just making sure you have a descent background knowledge and that you'll fit in at AMF. Wear a suit(or at least a tie), be polite and it should go fine. Good luck.

amflight

Latest resources

Back