Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TheDogsBollocks

Ex-AMF Scallywag!
Well well, for the first time in their history AMF furloughs 13 pilots. I was speaking to a friend of mine who was one of the victims. This happened last Friday along with other ancilliary staff. Makes we wonder about the health and stewardship of the company.

I sincerely hope the affected people find alternative employment in these trying economic times.

Well well, for the first time in their history AMF furloughs 13 pilots. I was speaking to a friend of mine who was one of the victims. This happened last Friday along with other ancilliary staff. Makes we wonder about the health and stewardship of the company.

I sincerely hope the affected people find alternative employment in these trying economic times.

All cargo flying is down. I wouldn't immediately say that Ameriflight is in poor hands. After all, most of the business is based on guaranteed contracts. Yes, the on demand stuff is down and UPS is slowing down...so until that stuff comes back, Ameriflight may not need as many pilots as they did last year.

Hopefully AMF is in good shape. It used to be a badge of honor that AMF boasted about regarding its record on furloughing pilots, alas no more.

Hopefully AMF is in good shape. It used to be a badge of honor that AMF boasted about regarding its record on furloughing pilots, alas no more.

The "We've never furloughed a flight crewmember" is rubber BS and has been for decades. The fellow for whom N754WS was named was furloughed out of the, then new, KOAK domicile about 9 months after joining the company. I know at least one guy who was "layed off" out of the BFI domicile circa 1995.

Very sorry this happened. A sign of the times.

TransMach

As a former AMF'er that is sad to hear. Now the big question, was it strictly by seniority?

really? they couldn't afford to keep 13 pilots around? I mean if twas 43 then fine but 13? What do the pilots cost to operate there like 8 dollars on hour??

Wow that's surprising news! BTW, what bases are doing the on-demand flying now? I thought that had all gone by the wayside when OMA opened up.

Autoparts flying is slow for me. I only did 28 last month and it is slow as hell this month.

Latest resources

Back