Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotmiketx

Registerd User
Looks like I'll be in a 5 APR class for AMF DFW base. Anyone else? I'll need a crashpad as I don't plan on relocating right away.

Congratulations. You will enjoy the DFW area in the spring.

The kid's game room is available for a low monthly rate.

Otherwise, if you need something quick try the Holiday Inn Express or Days Inn(?) in Grapevine. That might work until you hook up with the other people in your class.

let me know if you need some info on crash pads in DFW and i know of a guy with a two bedroom apartment looking for a roommate around 350 + 1/2 utilities.

Watch your self down there and don't let them push you. Been there done that. I suggest you get in and get out.

They wont make you do anything illegal but if you're too stupid to know any better they definitely wont stop you. Just know your shlt and you wont have any problem.

Do you now what you will be flying?

It's definately a short term deal for me as long as the regionals continue the trend. And if not, then I can upgrade to a turboprop down the road.

I'm flying 135 freight now, so I know how the game is played. I don't anticipate killing myself or getting violated for some bank checks. Maybe in another gazillion hours and when pigs fly out of my butt, I can get to fly one of those pretty orange seven-threes. In the meantime I'll be sitting in the back on the way to BUR for indoc.

Mike

TexaSWA is absolutely right. They will not ask you to do anything illegal, but they will definetly pull the chocks for you and marshall you out with a smile, all the while knowing that you are about to violate yourself.

They don't care so much how you get the job done, as long as you get it done so they can charge the customer.

Half of the problem is that some folks either don't understand or don't know the regs, and therfore violate them. This makes the ops folks who may or may not know the regs think it is ok to do whatever it is the other pilots may be doing. This puts lots of pressure of the pilots trying to do things right. If you don't know the regs, company policies, etc. it is easy for someone to get "pressured" into doing something wrong out of ignorance. You will never be told to do something illegal, but it is not unheard of for Ops to ask, "How come you can't go when Joe Blow can." Best answer to that is, two violations doesn't make it right! Sometimes they have trouble understanding that we are in this for a career and moving a few boxes is not worth your career.

Make it a point to know more than anyone else on the ramp. (Regs, company policy, weather, limitations, etc.) You will not have any problems if you do this.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back