American -vs- Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

navigator72

Back in October I started a thread about how badly Delta treats it's customers. It went something like this:
Does Delta airlines really suck as bad as I think they do? I'm not talking about the pilots or the flight attendants, they do a great job. I'm talking about the idiots behind the counter. I had a 3 hour layover in JFK after my flight from Puerto Rico and it quickly turned into a 7 hour layover with no explanation. Ok, there were explanations......
  • "It's a weather delay"
  • "The plane is having mechanical issues"
  • "We can't find the pilots"
  • "We don't know where the plane is"
  • "The pilot's have run out of flight time"
  • "We're waiting for a call from the tower"
  • "It's an air traffic control issue"
  • "The plane has no power"
  • "The plane can't fly in the rain"
  • "The plane has nowhere to park, the gates are full"
  • "We can't tell you if the plane is airborne yet"
  • "We don't know where the flight originated from"
  • "We don't run the airline, the controllers do"
  • "I don't know"
Is it really that difficult to give an honest explanation? I have no problem being delayed but at least give us an honest answer.
My wife and I will NEVER fly Delta again.

While I still think Delta sucks..... This is no longer about them. Now it's about American airlines and how they treat their customers.
American Airlines is GREAT! I flew them from coast to coast over the last week and never once had an issue with their CSA's. In fact they were actually pleasant and professional. Here's the craziest part of the whole thing. The flights departed on time, everytime except for Chicago (weather delay), the difference between American and Delta..... American explains what the delay is and gives accurate information. The whole experiance was quite refreshing. With the airlines having their worst year in history, it's nice to see an airline show some quality customer service.
Thanks American!

I have had the same experience. I used to always try to fly Delta. Then I was forced to fly AA a few times and AA is now my airline of choice. Customer Service at AA is about 50 than trying to deal with Customer Service at Delta. Hold times for one is greatly better with American.

AA is my first choice in travel. They've always done a good job.

However, as a former AA intern who drank too much AMR kool-aid, I am a little bias.;)

I actually have the exact opposite experience I have never been on a AA flight that has been on time. I like American but I did standby to a foreign country on delta one time and they went out of my way to help me out and get me to first class and I am talking about not just one gate agent but many at different airports.

Latest resources

Back