• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American/USAirways meeting?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We wouldn't have to worry about "East vs West" intergration. The APA would put an end to that little problem faster than a New York minute. You just wait and see..

Would AA want the OLD Delta terminal at LGA? Delta is taking over the spacious USAir terminal.

PHL has labor issues that make AA/APA look like a lovefest. East and West have labor issues that make AA/APA look like a lovefest.

AA wants a presence out West? You mean so they can go head-to-head with SWA? He!!, they bagged the AirCal system because of SWA and they're a whole lot stronger now than they were in the late '80's.

CLT? You mean a hub down the road from the former hub at RDU?

If they're talking, Arpey's looking for cherries to pick. Not the whole tree.

TC

They don't have the money to buy anything that US Airways has. While they might have a bit more money then LCC, they also have a lot more debt due, and they need that money to cover their future debt. Despite what people think, LCC isn't going anywhere. They might not have a ton of cash, but they have no debt due for payment in the short term.

word is they are selling the shuttle - without the pilots

I don't work there, but I believe that Airways has a min fleet number which they are at right now, so they could sell the shuttle but I don't think they can sell the airplanes unless they have replacements on property... unless they sell the 190s as a part of the deal. That said I have not heard any rumors about the shuttle being sold, but have heard rumors of a terminal swap between DAL and LCC, where DAL would get the airways terminal and LCC would go to the MAT or the current DAL terminal near the end of runway 31.

There are 6 gates at DL's MAT. It takes 4 to run the shuttle efficiently (2 planes are usually coming in just prior to the 2 that are leaving).

If USAir plans on squeezing into the MAT with the shuttle they are going to be pretty tight on gates for any other operations they want to run even if it's just flights to CLT & PHL.

The rumors I've heard as far as the shuttle is concerned are for slots. No planes...so really not the "sale" of the shuttle we've seen in the past a la Eastern, Pan Am, Trump.

DL wants the LGA slots, and USAir wants DL's DCA slots (that they are already currently leasing from DAL).

I don't think anything will be announced until the sale of Frontier is finalized. Seems to be a lot of deals in play at the same time.

High cost of labor? Major debt pushed out several years and bankruptcy in 9 months? Who writes this crap, some moron fresh out of an MBA program? What a joke.

Just some line pilot who sent off for his analyst credentials with the prize inside the Cracker Jax box.

I take anything that comes from a line pilot with a grain of salt.

High cost of labor? Major debt pushed out several years and bankruptcy in 9 months? Who writes this crap, some moron fresh out of an MBA program? What a joke.

Well if you can't interpret it, so much for it being of benefit to your understanding. High unit cost EXCLUDING fuel and labor (note the "ex"). And the POTENTIAL for bankruptcy is "very possible". All they are saying is that unit cost is higher than their industry peers and bankruptcy is a possibility, not a certainty.

Latest resources

Back