• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American to re-inspect more MD-80s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So you got up to take a leak during the testimony that WN and the FAA inspectors got in bed together to falsify records, cherry pick inspectors who intimidated their subordinates in an attempt to destroy evidence? Did you miss the part where the planes had flown up to 30 months without the required inspections?

How long has AA and Delta flown without this one required inspection again? Where are the 10m in fines? I think you all need to get your head out of the sand. All the airlines do this. Heck all airplanes in the sky are doing this. I guess they went after the only company that could actually afford to pay a fine. :laugh:

Last edited:
Why is it that southworst gets 10 days on top of who knows how long they were operating without the appropriate inspections but AA has to cancel 1000 flights over this horse shi t. Remember it was southworst that caused all this overreaction in the first place because they think they are above the rules and clearly had the faa in their back pocket.

Lets see, Aloha(which is sad to see), ATA, Skypuss:laugh:,
Champion, and then southworst???

Well I can dream can't I!!!

Wow, didn't know Kool-Aid drinkers were still present at AA. How easy you forget what your managment has done to you. Maybe Arprey could use your bonus money to pay off an impending fine. Probably not.

This is NOT a safety issue. The AD specified that the wires be 'zip-tied' at 3 inch intervals. AA tied them at 1 inch intervals.

Therefore, the aircraft were "out of compliance".

There is no excuse for these aircraft to have been out of compliance--anyone in mx knows you do the work specified by the AD--exactly as specified. (Now, of course, in "normal" times, this wouldn't have been a problem.)

The FAA was made to look like crooks and amateurs. (I know the folks at the local FSDO who aren't in the 10% who are dickheads probably saw this coming.)

This wasn't SWA's fault, they just happened to be the round in the chamber when the trigger was pulled. (If you want to bust SWA's balls, there are plenty of hammers out there...)

AA's management has been shortcutting maintenance--this is NOT an example or an effect of that. I'm sure after the bonuses are handed out, some schmuck in maintenance will get the boot.TC

How does a MD-80 rate in efficiency? They sure seem to put out alot of black smoke.

If this is really something as simple as having TOO many zip ties as compared to less.. these aircraft could remain in service with a deal made to the head of the FAA>

We (AA) will cut off the extra zip ties tonight or when we have the aircraft down for a few hours... thereby not disrupting the entire aviation industry and concerning the flying public.

We (the FAA) will allow you to cut off the extra zip ties as the aircraft come in for service. We don't need or want to see the airline industry have another major issue that undermines the flying publics opinion of us!

Don't Do It

If this is really something as simple as having TOO many zip ties as compared to less.. these aircraft could remain in service with a deal made to the head of the FAA...!

Making a deal with the FAA is what got SWA in trouble to begin with.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back