Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CapnVegetto

The Prince of all Saiyans
Posted this in the 'charter' thread, but I figure redundancy can't hurt. They are looking for a BE-200 captain. Any info on pay? QOL? type of flying? RON's per month? And yes....I have done a fruitless search.

Thx!

Aji Hou

Posted this in the 'charter' thread, but I figure redundancy can't hurt. They are looking for a BE-200 captain. Any info on pay? QOL? type of flying? RON's per month? And yes....I have done a fruitless search.

Thx!

Ok, interviewed with them last year. Unless things have changed Chuck Simmons is still the CP. They operate as part of Millionaire in HOU and ADS. Very professional, great looking airplanes, maint. is together. Every pilot I met that worked there currently or previously liked it.

Pay - low 40's to start with $36 per day per diem
QOL - Depends on what you are used to, 8 days on 4 off appealed to me.
RON's per month - CP actually says they try to avoid those as much as possible and try to get crews home as much as possible. Of course if you are on the jets and on another continent that maybe difficult. On the King Air's, probably 1 or 2 RON's during an 8 day shift.
Jumpseats - Dont quote me but I was informed they supposedly have jumpseat agreement in the cabin with Southwest since they transported SW pilots between HOU and DAL often. This came from other pilots in the area after my interview.

Interview process - The CP will call you first and give you a basic overview including pay and schedule and equipment. Then you will be scheduled for a personality test over the phone with HR. After that if the score is accepting they call you in for a face to face. Chuck will give you a tour of the facilities in HOU, a basic interview, typical things. A written exam, again no tricks , basic instrument FAR's and actually more customer based scenarios. Basically how to deal with upset customers and how to meet customer needs when there maybe a conflict with catering or scheduling. I do recall a question on how to figure your VDP on a non-precision approach. The multitime they are hardline on, I was 100 short of the 250 they wanted at the time but was told once I hit it to give them a callback, but they still went through the whole process of interviewing and showing me the operation. If you have the chance take it. The reason they are hiring King Air Pilots all the time is because they are upgrading pilots into their jets after a few months. I would take it if I was still living in TX right now. This is the pay breakdown I was given for equipment flown.

King Air Capt - low 40's
Jet Co-pilot - Mid to high 40's
Jet Captain - 60's to start
601 F/O - 85K
601 Capt - 100K
All have the 8 on/4 off schedule.
Hope this helps your decision, honestly it beats most other 135 operations especialy with a set schedule for on demand work and great upgrade opportunity. The 601 may take a while but the upgrade from King Air Capt to Jet Capt can be less than 12 months.

Latest resources

Back