• Start date
  • Watchers 5

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I trained at Flyers PWK in 1992. As many have written here, the CFI's were excellent. I watched the money flow like a hawk because I'd been forwarned about practices such as maximizing ground time and excessive taxi-time. (On a visit to Flyers FXE I noticed at least six of their planes idling in line for takeoff on a busy runway. I happened to be in a private plane and when we were assigned to the back of the line we requested the other runway and were immediately cleared for T.O.! Go figure.) Happily I had no such issues at PWK.

I remember Dave Huser well. Very affable guy, he listened carefully to my comments and concerns -- then did absolutely nothing. If it weren't for the fact that he periodically pulled me aside to chat I wouldn't have said anything more to him.

Self-examining authority wasn't in effect yet, for which I'm glad since otherwise I couldn't have experienced three checkrides with Mr. Uhlencott (anyone else remember him?) plus a CFI checkride at the DPA FSDO -- twice!. :(

When all is said and done I just hope the hard-working CFIs don't suffer too much. I consider myself lucky to have gotten through the whole CFI and Part 135 charter stuff unscathed.

Dude

Last edited:
>Self-examining authority wasn't in effect yet, for which I'm glad >since otherwise I couldn't have experienced three checkrides >with Mr. Uhlencott (anyone else remember him?)

Ever have a moment where you are reading a interesting article about your flight school and one comment on one thread pops out and shakes you?

I had a checkride with the above mentioned gentlemen. Was it the yelling at the top of his lungs when the 172RG was just about at rotation speed? Was it his giant hands literally punching the throttle and prop controls 1/16th of a second after the practice stall because I did not recover within 1/16th of a second? Was it the shouting.. "WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO? ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME D*MIT, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TELL ME RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"???

The best though, was the look of eternal anger the entire flight but as soon as we landed and I secured the airplane, he smiled, and was the most polite, friendly guy you could meet.

Ahhh, the memories.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back