• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"American Flyers" at DFW; TSA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think you may be assuming too much. He didnt show you his id, how do you know who or what he is?

Max - you're an idiot. It is a valid security issue. While TSA is molesting granny in a wheelchair, an able-bodied young man gets waived through as "crew" with suspect ID.

crxpilot - He may very well have been authorized, but several things jump out, the biggest of them being the obvious ability to get through the checkpoint with mail-order equipment and a fake ID. They BARELY glanced at it. My issue is not with the American Flyers guy, it is with the TSA. Ultimately, it comes down to the definition of "crew." They were unable to tell me just who is crew and who isn't.

Crew is exempted from the liquids limitation. What if the guy was bringing explosives into the airport? Now is not the time to relax your guard. That's what the bad guys are waiting for.

Max - you're an idiot. It is a valid security issue. While TSA is molesting granny in a wheelchair, an able-bodied young man gets waived through as "crew" with suspect ID.

crxpilot - He may very well have been authorized, but several things jump out, the biggest of them being the obvious ability to get through the checkpoint with mail-order equipment and a fake ID. They BARELY glanced at it. My issue is not with the American Flyers guy, it is with the TSA. Ultimately, it comes down to the definition of "crew." They were unable to tell me just who is crew and who isn't.

Crew is exempted from the liquids limitation. What if the guy was bringing explosives into the airport? Now is not the time to relax your guard. That's what the bad guys are waiting for.

Excuse me for being an idiot on this wonderful of all days.....But to your points......1. Aren't your uniforms mail order? I know I got mine in the mail. 2nd anyone could strap 5-10 gallons of liquid to their thighs and walk through security, why does having a uniform on make him more scary?

Let me be more illustrative on my point without all the sarcasm.....WE ARE VULNERABLE!!!!!! Paranoia will not cure this vulnerability; only common sense will help to mitigate the dangers. We live in a free society which means we need to accept a level of risk. You are right in your assesment but who cares IMHO airport security isn't even a last line of defense it's a complete waste - we should spend our resources elsewhere to further cut the risk of a terrorist strike. Over 75 percent of all illegal weapons make it through check points on FAA inspections and thats when the TSA know they are coming.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL.

FE's wear two stripes. Maybe he was in a hury and forgot to pull out his ID before hand. As for age, people regularly tell me I look ~10 years younger than I really am.

I agree though, that you should bring ANYTHING suspicious to <gasp> the TSA's attention.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back