• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Eagle Pilot Career fair - Chicago

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone out there ever left aviation and tried to get back in? I left Trans States after a year to take up a job at a local airport. I am considering getting back into the field, the grass isnt always greener. I have about 2500 total and 500 multi turbine. I know can build some cheap single engine time around here but how do hiring commities view a "used to be". I left TSA under good terms i.e. not fired or asked to resign and I even gave them a week and a half notice, extenuating circumstances. I would like to fly for American Eagle. Any thoughts?

bristo, apply everywhere, you have an interview and a job offer. Just have a good answer on why you got out and why you want to get back in.

Anyone out there ever left aviation and tried to get back in? I left Trans States after a year to take up a job at a local airport. I am considering getting back into the field, the grass isnt always greener. I have about 2500 total and 500 multi turbine. I know can build some cheap single engine time around here but how do hiring commities view a "used to be". I left TSA under good terms i.e. not fired or asked to resign and I even gave them a week and a half notice, extenuating circumstances. I would like to fly for American Eagle. Any thoughts?

Plan to live in base and work a lot. There is a pilot shortage. You'll get hired so do your research before accepting an offer. Don't forget United/Delta are hiring too. Check out their mins.

Hi!

UAL is CLOSE to hiring-no info yet.

cliff
YIP

not too many people are taking the turboprop upgrade, im an 04 hire and i think i can hold it next year, so if that tells you anything...plus management is in the process of trying to wipe out the top half of our seniority list. I bet a newhire now will be holding captain within about 3 years, but thats just a wild guess.

The only T-prop bases to my knowledge are DFW, LAX and MIA. I think BOS is ERJ

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back