• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Eagle conditional job ofter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh, and I had to address this comment. What the he*l are you talking about? Just because I think regional FO pay is laughable, means I think I take home a huge pay check? There are very few pilots that take home huge pay checks these days. And they are the guys that do the least amount of work, as ironic as that is. The wide body CA's working 9 days a month going overseas 3 times a month with 21 days off. Not guys like you and I who are working 18 days a month with 12 off.

Going back to the book situation. Read a few books by Robert Kiyosaki. It may really bring a new light to your financial thoughts and views. He clearly illustrates why he did not take a job as an Airline Pilot after Vietnam and how that changed his financial literacy. It may give you a new outlook on this profession and help you decide on an exit plan.

Pipe boy here is some advice. Take some of your huge pay check you think you earn and read up on some finance. Heck, you probably pay somebody to advise you. (those guys are great, if they knew so much they wouldn't be financial advisors) Maybe you could understand a very simple book "Rich Dad Poor Dad" to start. I bought my first new house as an FO on the Saab in 2004. I then bought by second new house in 2007 as an RJ FO. I sold both for a profit. You probably interchange the words rich and wealthy because you really just don't get it. Good luck.

His name isn't Pipe boy. Pipe******************************'s name is Sheena.

Pipejockey, you are utterly clueless. You are wrong about so many things in your posts, well I just don't have time to reply. Lots of self-righteous, condescending jerks in this forum. Hey sorry there aren't enough wonderful jobs like yours and Glasspilot's to go around.

Pipejockey, you are utterly clueless. You are wrong about so many things in your posts, well I just don't have time to reply. Lots of self-righteous, condescending jerks in this forum. Hey sorry there aren't enough wonderful jobs like yours and Glasspilot's to go around.

Actually there are for people that are Captains. Of which as pipejockey was saying is very had to get at Eagle because nobody leaves.

That's the problem with working at a place that is "ok". people never leave. You're stuck on reserve, you're stuck as a senior FO making nothing, or your stuck as a 10 year CA that's still on reserve. Nobody wins.

Latest resources

Back