• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Eagle -> American Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wouldn't be surprised that in 3-4 years the '04-'05 hires will be the senior pilots with numbers getting ready to flow through.

They will get their numbers just in time for AA to stop hiring as the industry falls into a furlough spree.

The '04 hires will cling to their numbers and wait 8 years for hiring to resume.

Sound familiar?

...don't get me wrong, this is good news. Just don't put all your hopes and dreams into flowing through into AA. Upgrade and keep aware of other options.

The senior 397 already have AA numbers. It's the 600 or so below them that would receive new numbers. In fact, pilots who previously chose to pass the flowthru and thus not be displaced can change back to flow thru. They must be no older than 55 and their numbers will be part of the newly assigned bottom numbers.

Of the 397 with numbers now, perhaps 150 will decline, so AA pilots will only see about 250 pilots instead of 400 mix in with higher seniority positions, which is good for them.

When the AA list was completed and included all TWA pilots, I had 2900 pilots JUNIOR to me on the AA list. Maybe half of those will com back, so including 600 eventual new Eagle pilots and including the 50% street-hire mixin provision of the new agreement, eventually about 2600 will be junior to me whenever the last Eagle pilot flows. This will take quite a few years depending on AA future pilot needs.

I wouldn't be surprised that in 3-4 years the '04-'05 hires will be the senior pilots with numbers getting ready to flow through.

They will get their numbers just in time for AA to stop hiring as the industry falls into a furlough spree.

The '04 hires will cling to their numbers and wait 8 years for hiring to resume.

Sound familiar?

...don't get me wrong, this is good news. Just don't put all your hopes and dreams into flowing through into AA. Upgrade and keep aware of other options.

How will the 04-05 people get numbers? Is this speculation on future agreements, because I don't believe the recent TA has any provisions for that group.

Latest resources

Back