American and kord

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

i fly boxes

Looking at the combined route map it looks like ord should be a real strong hub and a place where American can compete with united. But I hear that it's mostly regional jets now, especially the emb 175s with a bit of international long haul as well. Has Parker or anyone from the new American commented on ords plans going forward? I think the a319s and 320s would be a perfect fit there. It seems like they would need a strong Midwest hub, ual has ord and delta has dtw and msp. American has a lot of hubs that are close together. Mia and clt, Phl and JFK, Phx and lax. And then dfw

MIA-CLT is 650NM. DTW-MSP is 528. IAD-EWR is 212. Just sayin'... But yeah I think there is talk of upgauging ORD since they practically gave up there at AA.

MIA-CLT is 650NM. DTW-MSP is 528. IAD-EWR is 212. Just sayin'... But yeah I think there is talk of upgauging ORD since they practically gave up there at AA.

You got me, way to use logic and facts to back up your post. Clt and Mia just seem so much closer.

I recently sat next to the aag director in that loop. Plan is to re-time/size Mia first, then ORD then dfw. They don't like the old rolling hub ops and five minute departure intervals and will go to the usairways model of pushes with one minute intervals of groups of planes within the push. The shift from RJs to ml will happen, primarily due to economics and staffing.

Stl is history, phx is needed while lax is under reconstruction, but is questionable after that.

You got me, way to use logic and facts to back up your post. Clt and Mia just seem so much closer.

Miami is a great gateway to Latin America, but not much else. Domestic hub flying out of there just wouldn't make economic sense, as it is so far out of the way compared to anywhere else in the continental US.

Charlotte has the lowest deplaning fees of any airport in the country, from what I've been reading. However, it doesn't seem to have an abundance of originating traffic. I think that as long as the fees stay low, there will continue to be a strong AA presence there. If fees go up, however, then all bets are off.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the integration of things as far as seniority goes. I'm flying an abundance of legacy AA J/S'ers that live in NC and commute. I've also had several that were flying down from NY and up from MIA to look at property in the Carolinas. My bet is once any fencing comes down, or barriers disappear, Charlotte will become a stampede for AA folks. Question is, will they be able to force junior pilots out of domicile, or will they have to wait for spots to open up through attrition?

Charlotte will become a stampede for AA folks. Question is, will they be able to force junior pilots out of domicile, or will they have to wait for spots to open up through attrition?

You got that right, every leg from an AA hub I do always has two AA pilots in the J/S and a few F/As in the back. It's gonna be interesting, I wouldn't be surprised if CLT becomes more senior than DFW.

Latest resources

Back