• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Airlines issuing $1 billion in debt to help cover 2011 costs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Take the cash from Eagle spin off and this $$$$ and buy jetblue and offer early retirements and new contract.

Its coming...Eagle will be flying 190s,,,great IPO stock price...Eagle will be given up flow up so half of the jetblue pilots merged with american and the other half with Eagle...Mckastlin rules will take place...sorry for the spelling......

why not think about it

Take the cash from Eagle spin off and this $$$$ and buy jetblue and offer early retirements and new contract.

Dude, we're talking about the IPO of Eagle, not the IPO of Google. ;)

Dude, we're talking about the IPO of Eagle, not the IPO of Google. ;)

With 700s, 190s and some 145s and some long term capacity purchase agreements(more than 10 years with oil around 110) with AMR....Eagle will be close to skywest stock price in the market...$11 per share or higher.....

It is a great plan if AMR can put it together...

just my opinion, thats all.

Eagle has to be a drain on AMR due to its mass fleet of 50 seat and less jets. Plus with 50 seats going to pasture sooner than later, AMR and the APA will have to bury the hatchet over the scope. I'm not advocating anything larger than Eagle flies now, but the ability to bring more of them on. Maybe this could be accomplished if AMR gives the mainline guys a good deal on 100-125 seat planes, something else AA also needs.

AA needs feed. Eagle provides the maximum feed that the APA contract allows. Eagle is not as effective as it could be, but we do what we can with the resources we are allowed to operate. I think AMR's plan is to circumnavigate the APA scope clause and go to companies like Jetblue for feed instead. No need for scope exceptions for JB to feed JFK with E190s and A320s.

And for the record, no I dont think Eagle could/would be spun off to operate something bigger and feed AA in the way JB does.

With 700s, 190s and some 145s and some long term capacity purchase agreements(more than 10 years with oil around 110) with AMR....Eagle will be close to skywest stock price in the market...$11 per share or higher.....

It is a great plan if AMR can put it together...

just my opinion, thats all.

Skywest closed over $17 today.

Latest resources

Back