Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Local MECs control

so blame their MECs

Yes, and no. In either case it's a cop out.

Some try with varying opinions, motives, and degrees of information will try to lead. Many (most?) have no idea where they're going. ATA pilots were mislead by their MEC's many times. We had four MEC Chairs over 5 years. All were accused of incompetence and corruption at some point. Even when they're honest, they must follow the dictums and $$$ from ALPA national. Without their blessing, nothing happens. I've sat in on quite a few teleconferences with the group and it's leadership. I've listened and read the "Mustache Magazine" and find nothing of value. ALPA national has no desire to fight for anything except its own existence, but even then they'll sell out. When I was at TSA back in the '90s, same thing, under guidance from national. Frankly, ATAlpa knew our '02 contract was unsustainable. They believed we were going to be sold, so they didn't care.

You can also blame the system under which airlines and unions operate. Both sides are happy with this arrangement! (I'm speaking of the RLA in case you don't know.) Neither side functions in reality. They lie to themselves, their stockholders, and their constituents, when they have no idea what's going to happen. They soon figure it out in "Chapter 7."

I've been working with some former Aloha guys, and they tell of similar stories.

market cap

SKYW 911 million
JBLU 1.76 billion
AMR 2.1 billion
LUV 9.35 billion
Google 187.5 billion

You hit the nail on the head....GOOG is using it's $30B+ cash on hand to purchase the entire US airline industry! SWEET!

Does anyone know if they are still giving new employees options?

You heard it here first!

does anyone believe american will have to hire 2000+ as they claim after the new regs and retirements hit? or is this just panic and hysteria to get the Feds to go easy on the new rules?

Take the cash from Eagle spin off and this $$$$ and buy jetblue and offer early retirements and new contract.

Its coming...Eagle will be flying 190s,,,great IPO stock price...Eagle will be given up flow up so half of the jetblue pilots merged with american and the other half with Eagle...Mckastlin rules will take place...sorry for the spelling......

why not think about it

Because thats how it worked for Expressjet......I keep telling Eagle guys in the jumpseat...be careful what you wish for. Once AMR realizes how much cheaper they can get the feed with a worse product, Eagle will get booted to the curb just like XJT.

Because thats how it worked for Expressjet......I keep telling Eagle guys in the jumpseat...be careful what you wish for. Once AMR realizes how much cheaper they can get the feed with a worse product, Eagle will get booted to the curb just like XJT.

Eagle will be just like express one became pinnacle by NWA genious management.......IPO

and still be controlled and majority owned by AMR till Skywest buys them.....maybe or stand alone with long term contracts

does anyone believe american will have to hire 2000+ as they claim after the new regs and retirements hit? or is this just panic and hysteria to get the Feds to go easy on the new rules?

I believe they will have to hire, but not the numbers they are stating. Once the new regulations go into effect (August 2011?), then we will have a good idea.

There are still about 2000 guys furloughed/deferred before any hiring goes down. If you are counting on getting "hired" at AA I think you are going to waiting a while.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back