Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the sky is SAFE now

:uzi:

It was a matter of time when the FAA was going to catch up with them. They set the standard for bottom feeders.

Won't argue that.... 10K for the right seat in a 20 series Lear.

Doug and co. have just had their American Air Network cert. revoked. The other's they have are still running and the feds are helping them with a new cert and better contract language. As for dave, i don't know where he is but i'm sure he's still around SUS.

I heard he got in some FAA trouble a while back about checkrides. Can't confirm that, and hope its not true. Had a couple of beers with him a couple of years ago along with some good conversation.

I saw him a couple of months ago in; he's still flying for AANI, and did mention the checkride trouble of which you speak. He's no longer a check airman for them, just happy to be a regular line pilot.

I used to work for a company that used AAN's certificate. I really liked those guys, and it is my belief that they really tried to run a tight operation. The problem was that every lowlife operator in the country flocks to certificates for hire so they can operate with little or no oversight at their home base. These POS operators generally hire cowboys for operations and cheats for maintinence.

There was only so much they could do to oversee more than 50 aircraft and their crews from St. Louis. I have been saying for a long time that piggy backing on certificates likely will be outlawed sooner than later. It looks like it is coming sooner. I hate to see trouble like this come down on Doug and Steve, though. If ya'll are reading this, take care!

AAN was doing ok. Steve and the Management were running the business well and got screwed, as long as Doug was out of it

Doug Gilliland screwed all of his employees again! Cut their insurance and benefits two weeks before telling them that he cut them. He also tried asked them all to work for half pay. I have no idea what he did to the foreigner pay for trainers working for him.

Latest resources

Back