America West Merge with USAirways Today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

heywatchthis

Just heard it on CNBC. Today at 5pm is the annoucement that America West in conjunctions with Air Wisconsin will be merging with USairways.

They will operate seperately as a code share till the unions decide how to merge the senority list.

WOW.. Who is next?

And he said nothing about reading it on yahoo. He said he heard it on cnbc, and i heard the same thing.

Good luck to all those at AWAC. Hopefully losing United's flying will be the best thing that ever happened to you.

is there a chance AWAC will do some AW Express flying if this all goes through? PHX base a possibility?

good luck AWAC!

If this merger goes through, which pilot contract will be left standing? If it is the USAirways one, what is MESA going to do with their CRJ900s?

You Gotta be kidding me. I've been watching CNBC all afternoon. Haven't heard them talk about AWAC yet.

But as an AWAC employee, I SURE HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT!

S.

The same thing was reported in this morning's WSJ. Sure, the airlines might announce it today, but it means nothing until everything is approved. Apparantly, GE is still in talks with both carriers to restucture their loans, as well as ACE Aviation Holdings, Inc. These, together with AWAC and other undisclosed funds are expected to provide $500 in new equity. Another $250 million would be provided by Airbus. This combined with other unnamed sources is expected to provide the new carrier with $1 billion in new capital.

This still needs to be approved by AWA shareholders, ALPA needs to figure something out, the federal govt and U's bankruptcy judge all need to approve it. Also, the two are trying to restructure $1 billion in loans guaranteed by the ATSB.

I'll believe it when it's all said and done!

http://www.shareholder.com/americawest/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=163980

The companies have also agreed that the merged company will be the launch customer for the Airbus A350, with deliveries scheduled from 2011 to 2013.

Last edited:
Interesting that this made it to the regional forum but has yet to be posted on the majors board. I really hope that we at AWAC might get to see the left coast again (crossing fingers)...

It's on Yahoo now. Looks official. No specifics yet just that it would be announced after the market close on Thursday. Good luck everyone!!

What the heck, AIR WHISKY?
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Latest resources

Back