Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pondscum

The Lowest of the Low
As everyone is well aware, America West continues to hire more and more pilots. The next class is scheduled to begin March 29 with 19 people. As a reference to the amount of hiring going on, in the last 7 months approximately 125 pilots have been hired.

Also, a vacancy bid is supposed to be announced this week. The "proposed" numbers are: 58 Airbus Captains and 6 B757 Captains.

:cool:

If that many were hired in the past 7 months I guess their was a pool then. Can you give me a general overview on how everyone likes it. An your retirment package Thanks.

Well there really wasn't a pool so to speak. The interviews would begin for the purpose of filling a class when the number was reached for that class size the interviews would continue for the next and so on and so forth!!!!

Retirement?? Good question we are still waiting on the hard copies of the contract but that shouldn't take too long. I can't speak for the next guy but as for me I am enjoying the he11 out of it. I'm on resv. but you really wouldn't know it cause I have yet to sit idle which suits me just fine as a commuter!!! I think with this next class I will be a line holder.

WD.

Latest resources

Back