America West Airlines expansion...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Relic01

Given the current economic condition and the near implosion of US Airways, is it possible that AWA could start another eastward expansion, this time forming a hub in Philadelphia or Charlotte? I think either city would greatly compliment an AWA expansion.

Ironically, on Sunday SWA announced a cutback of 80 flights and by Monday they announced the addition of 40+ flights to Philadelphia and some other cities on the east.

However, I personally think that AWA as a low fare carrier has a better product than Southwest. With a strong base out east they could be a major powerhouse.

This is just an honest opinion and I'd love to hear others are thinking.

Bye.

"The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word 'crisis.' One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger - but recognize the opportunity". Richard M. Nixon (1913 - 1994)

I don't think so.

Everything (or a lot) will depend on Airways. Sept. 30th should be a telling time.

Unfortunately as much as I dislike (and avoid SWA) at any/all costs , I think SWA will have the PHL/CLT markets before long.

That certain "class" of people will always be there for them.

3 5 0

Last edited:
350DRIVER said:
Unfortunately as much as I dislike (and avoid SWA) at any/all costs , I think SWA will have the PHL/CLT markets before long.

That certain "class" of people will always be there for them.

3 5 0
350, I've probably said this before, but apparently you didn't read it. I've shared a seat row in a SWA fluf with: a VP of HR for a huge Dallas construction firm, a VP of sales for one of the big personal defibrilator manufacturers, countless professionals, etc. I've shared the SWA boarding area with Texas Senators, Representatives, and many others wearing $1000 suits.

SWA provides modern transportation to persons of all economic classes. Matter of fact, SWA is largely responsible for allowing the "little people" to travel. The "upper class" is also welcome. SWA is an airline that represents the American dream, where people are treated like people. Do you have a problem with that?

Just because you don't like SWA doesn't give you reason to classify their pax as being low class. It does give us a little insight into your class.

let it go,
enigma

enigma said:
350, I've probably said this before, but apparently you didn't read it. I've shared a seat row in a SWA fluf with: a VP of HR for a huge Dallas construction firm, a VP of sales for one of the big personal defibrilator manufacturers, countless professionals, etc. I've shared the SWA boarding area with Texas Senators, Representatives, and many others wearing $1000 suits.

SWA provides modern transportation to persons of all economic classes. Matter of fact, SWA is largely responsible for allowing the "little people" to travel. The "upper class" is also welcome. SWA is an airline that represents the American dream, where people are treated like people. Do you have a problem with that?

Just because you don't like SWA doesn't give you reason to classify their pax as being low class. It does give us a little insight into your class.

let it go,
enigma
enigma,

Ok.... and the purpose or intention of your reply is? (other than to hijack this thread?)

I don't care if you saw St. Peter on one of the SWA flights, it does not make a difference in my opinion.. The service is p!ss poor, F/A's are absolutely obnoxious, you are part of a cattle heard, you sit face to face with someone for X amount of hours, etc, etc. Your experiences are "unique" in my opinion and are surely not the norm with regards to the clientele of people that fly on em. If you enjoy being part of a cattle heard then more power to you and please enjoy. I was forced to do it once and will never do it again, I will take the Greyhound first. I was a Delta Airlines employee in Houston (KHOU) while in college and unfortunately our gates were right across from the SWA gates. We would always laugh when we saw the major differences with the people that would fly on us (DAL) and those who were forced to go the SWA way. Take a walk through Hobby, inparticular the SWA concourse on a friday afternoon, it is a spit image of the poorer sections of Mexico City only worse. I cannot recall how many times the Houston Police dept. had to be called to the southwest gates.

You truly are smoking some pretty good stuff if you think that the types of people that you mentioned make up the "majority" of people that go that SWA way. I can't see why you are so "SWA happy", you have been waiting what 10 years now for that call?.

You like em? Then fly on them and please do enjoy.

pretty simple my friend.

American dream? Yeah, right....

SWA is largely responsible for allowing the "little people" to travel.
You sure got that right, I couldn't agree with you more.

3 5 0

Last edited:
>>>F/A's are absolutely obnoxious<<<

Pot calling the kettle black?

You decide.

Latest resources

Back