America or Who?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Focus

Here comes an airline from another country. Here comes another job from another country all the while our country fights for freedom. Well,,,I guess we know now whos Freedom we are fighting for. Yet , who is the Oil Minister? This is really getting confusing. Tell me what we need and I will fight like there is no tomorrow. Tell me what you think we shold have and I will question you.!!

Confucius say: what??

Focus,

back up a little. Good.

Now, what are you getting at????

Regards,

dane

What airline could this mysterious Focus guy be referring to? He is powerless, as are the rest of you! My new yacht is expensive... I need warehouses full of cash to finance my exhorbitant lifestyle.

Focus,

The world is not black and white, it is a million shades of gray.

You wanna know when the "War on Terror" will be over? When we have either found an alternate fuel source or when all the oil in the Persian Gulf is used up. Until then, we have to deal with these people.

You should read a book called Mega-Trends. It talks about how the world is transitioning from an industrial-based to an information-based system. In an industrial-based system, nation-states are very important. In an information-based system, they are not. The idea of strong nationalism is becoming an outdated concept.

Want proof? In the past, our enemy was Germany, Japan or Russia. Today it is a terrorist network made up of citizens of many different countries. They are using mass communications to coordinate and plan. The days of having your enemies defined simply by geography are over.

For example, let's say we invaded Iran. We could take it over geographically, but the real enemy would still exist because the "enemy" is from many different countries. Same thing with Iraq. Instead of invading Iran, maybe we should do away with mass communication.

Focus said:
Here comes an airline from another country. Here comes another job from another country all the while our country fights for freedom. Well,,,I guess we know now whos Freedom we are fighting for. Yet , who is the Oil Minister? This is really getting confusing. Tell me what we need and I will fight like there is no tomorrow. Tell me what you think we shold have and I will question you.!!

Huh ??? Lots of airlines from other countries fly in and out of the U.S. Quantas, British Airways, Air New Zealand, Air France, and more.

Whats your point?

Tejas

Focus said:

I know what all those words mean, but I have no f***ing idea what that guy just said.

Very good responses...I will indeed read the book. At-Redneck, you are not alone. I am very confused as to where our country will be in the next 20 years. Hope your still close to Travis Lake...Its a Great place. I love the Hill Country.

Latest resources

Back