• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMAZING Engine Out Landing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats alot of trouble to create a hoax.... Landing on a highway and all. They were LOW! @ 500ft when the motor quit?

Last edited:
There was a report on one of the cable channels this morning about the possibility that this may have been a stunt. I mean come-on, Front Page Productions. And why was the pax hitting switches on the instrument panel after the engine failure? The pax supposedly was a photographer.

There was a report on one of the cable channels this morning about the possibility that this may have been a stunt. I mean come-on, Front Page Productions. And why was the pax hitting switches on the instrument panel after the engine failure? The pax supposedly was a photographer.

Well here's something odd I noticed. The engine cuts out and he doesn't make an attempt to reengage the starter. After some theatrics (cursing, really) he reaches for the key and BOOM - the engine comes right back.

Also, it seemed odd that he just plainly turned into the driveway as if it were a normal (planned) maneuver. Wouldn't it be more natural to let it roll down the road?

...and the camera setup on the inside and outside...

Seemed a little contrived, but perhaps it is real.

Hey I've got an idea! Hold my beer while I roll my airplane off the side of a bumpy steep hillside and see if I can make it to the sandbar!

That was incredible. Stupid and crazy come to mind as well but what a cool stunt.

Gup

Latest resources

Back