Amazing crash pictures

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NTSB Report said:
She did not order fuel for the airplane nor did she recall checking the fuel tanks during the preflight inspection of the airplane.

Is that SOP there? I'd think that would be somewhere on the checklist...

Not checking for fuel?!

From the NTSB report:

The pilot elected to start the airplane and taxied to a run up area to conduct an engine run up. The fuel truck arrived at the run up area and the pilot elected not to refuel the airplane at that time. No anomalies were noted during the run up and the airplane was taxied back to the ramp and parked.

The pilot arrived back at the airport on the day of the accident. She did not order fuel for the airplane nor did she recall checking the fuel tanks during the preflight inspection of the airplane. The pilot stated she departed Savannah and was in cruise flight when she noticed the fuel light on the annunciator panel flickering.

Man the fact that she admited it...

Ouch

Diesel said:
Man the fact that she admited it...

Ouch
It really takes a man to admit that!:laugh:

damn wish i'd thought of that

How many crashes has AirNow had in the last year or so? I think I can think of three. I wonder if it's the pilots or the airplanes.....

Mr. I.

Mr. Irrelevant said:
How many crashes has AirNow had in the last year or so? I think I can think of three. I wonder if it's the pilots or the airplanes.....

Mr. I.

Looks like the pilot not putting enough gas in the plane was the problem. I think i'd put this one into the "pilot error" catagory.

Latest resources

Back