Am I the only one??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess this is why some people say,
Don't tell my mom I became a pilot, she still thinks I play a piano in a whorehouse!

Cross Countries

Good learning experience. A lot of airports look alike from a distance, especially along the Florida coast. For example, it's easy to confuse Vero Beach with Ft. Pierce if you're coming from the west if you don't know the area.

You're not the first student pilot who got lost on a cross-country. The important thing is your training helped you find your way back. Do use your navaids, but don't depend on them solely for VFR cross-countries. Watch your heading, use your ded reckoning and checkpoints. Watch your fuel, too.

Good luck on the next one.

My step-fathers only words about me fly: "Just don't kill yourself."

My parents were fairly supportive, my step-father still won't get in a plane I fly though. :(

I forgot to leave out the fact that my dad has OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). He worries about everything. That makes it that much harder for him (and me).

oilcanbland said:
I don't know about any of you, but my parents are freaking out at the idea that I'm flying planes all by myself now. They get completely nervous, right before each one of my flights. Especially my cross countries. When I told my parents that I went on my first solo cross country last week, they almost had a heart attack. When I see them getting nervous, it makes me think that I should have something to be worried about. (As you can tell, I am the only pilot in my family).

Did this happen to anyone else? Do they finally get used to the idea of you flying planes? How long does it take.

Hey I see your point my parents had to deal with four of their kids going to flight schools, I think that your best bet is to take your parents flying with your CFI( make sure its a nice day to go flying),and show them how safe its.it worked for my parents and hope it will work for yours. Fly Safe and have fun. ;)

Latest resources

Back