Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dueguard1

ROTT MAN 4 LIFE!!!
Can Someone give me some information on what systems are powered by the alternator on the Seminole?

Yea...Basically whether it's the vacum pumps, comms, fuel pump,etc. ....what systems are functional, or not functional when the alternator is operating properly???

Well....

If you lose one alternator, everything continues to function. If you lose both, then you are using only battery power. At that point, turn off everything you don't need. If you are in VFR, turn everything off to conserve power. If in IFR, the choice is yours. You don't have much time on the battery alone with all your radios, transponder, and lights going.

As for the Vacuum pumps, they are engine driven and not at all associated with the electric system. The engine driven fuel pumps continue to work. The aux fuel pumps, when turned on, will use battery power. Also, remember the gear is an electric motor that drives a hydraulic system. You need some power to lower the gear (unless you plan on using the emerg. gear extension).

And not to be an A$$, how does someone with your credentials (CFI, CFII, MEI) not know this information? This is basic systems interaction that you should have learned as a Private Pilot.

Its very sad, isn't it? He is going to be right seat in a CRJ next year. I hope he gets the electric system on that sorted out.....

siegelaviation said:
Its very sad, isn't it? He is going to be right seat in a CRJ next year. I hope he gets the electric system on that sorted out.....
Wow...........I post 1 question and I get completely insulted for asking it, In the training Forum At That!........some professional forum We've become here on Flightinfo!
GROW UP SIEGEL!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back