Alter Ego Carriers vs. PFT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tarzan

Why all the hub bub over GJ's but not nearly as much for the PFT folks? Aren't they affecting pay just as much as the alter ego carriers? Is there a list out there for these guys also?

Same arguement can be used. "I just wanted to get ahead." Sounds about right. So far as the GJ thing. It looks like thats where the industry is going to go whether we like it or not. 70-90 seaters are the thing of the future. The market seems to requiring it. I want to make as much as I can. I gotta loan to repay, a mortgage, a couple of kids, one on the way, and probably a crash pad now. But the market however, does NOT require PFTer's.

But I a low timer who has only 800 hours of dual given and hasn't broken into a 121 gig. Got a class date though. (Not GJ's, it's too early to shoot my career in the foot)

BloJets pilots are adversely affecting the CBA of the TSA pilots. The whole purpose of BloJets is to circumvent ALPA and transfer union flying to a non-union airline. Most of the pilots going to BloJets are furloughed ALPA pilots. They should know better than to help management circumvent the contract of their union brothers.

PFT certainly isn't good for the profession, but it's not circumventing anyone's contract. In fact, Gulfstream is a union airline with a pretty good contract for a 1900 operator. ALPA has never come out against PFT and there has never been any sort of anti-PFT campaign to inform newbies that PFT is wrong, so how can someone new to the industry know that going to GIA is wrong? Big difference between ALPA pilots going to BloJets when they've been told by ALPA directly that BloJets is circumventing the TSA contract.

Latest resources

Back