Alright guys...Important subject. Crew Track vs. CCS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PapaSiera

I know you guys at ASA use crew track. From what I know, it does not provide the same capability as our Crew Communications System (CCS). So let’s talk about what each system does, and try to decide which one would be better for us to have at the new ASA. CCS was actually developed for Continental, so it is not an off the shelf program.

XJT guys feel free to weigh in. I can't possibly come up with all of the CCS functions.

This is off the top of my head.

1. Real time open time and trip trading. You see what crew scheduling sees.

2. Instant trip trades

3. Electronic trip advertisements and pickup

4. Real time reserve list

5. Real time reserve pool coverage display. (lets you know if you can drop a day.)

6. Crew Lists for all XJT flights

7. Real time pairing block times as you complete flights on your trip.

8. Real time pay register. It updates automatically every time a change is made to your schedule, or you are over block.

9. We also have this thing called the Initial Line Improvement Window every month after our schedules are final. It opens up at 9PM and we have open time that we can trade are trips for. If there is coverage on certain days you can drop trips or trade a 4 day for a 2 day. In our contract, we must have 10% open time for this window.

Alright, tell us about Crew Track...

uuuhhhh...it's on the computer thingy and looks kinda like a calender...

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...all the days on the calender have these little red arrows on them which mean there ain't enough reserves...or something like that...

That's about it, I guess.

uuuhhhh...it's on the computer thingy and looks kinda like a calender...

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...all the days on the calender have these little red arrows on them which mean there ain't enough reserves...or something like that...

That's about it, I guess.

Sooo... no trip trading?

Can you trade your 4-day for another 4-day in open time?

Well, it all depends on the red arrow things, which are appropriately phalic shaped. If the swap results in better reserve coverage, it will be approved. At least that's how it's operating now.

Only scheduling and management types use CrewTrac at ASA. The pilots use a SkyWest-developed website that is part of our employee website. We had access to CrewTrac Web before the SkyWest buyout, but that was quickly shut down.

If I had to guess, your software won't carry over. SkyWest IT won't want to support two different software programs, they're already swamped as is.

2. Instant trip trades

5. Real time reserve pool coverage display. (lets you know if you can drop a day.)

8. Real time pay register. It updates automatically every time a change is made to your schedule, or you are over block.

9. We also have this thing called the Initial Line Improvement Window every month after our schedules are final. It opens up at 9PM and we have open time that we can trade are trips for. If there is coverage on certain days you can drop trips or trade a 4 day for a 2 day. In our contract, we must have 10% open time for this window.

1. We have real time open time. Trip trading is seniority based for now so it isn't real time (there is a processing window). Trip trading is greatly improved via the PBS side letter, with a combination of seniority and first-come-first-serve windows. However, with PBS will come less open time.

2. Only for crew-posted swaps and pickups now. (see above)

3. Have it.

4. Have it. Except it's always empty because we have no reserves. But if there's anybody on there, you can click on their name and see their schedule for the month.

5. We have something similar, but our contract does not allow us to straight drop. We can trade for one less day though.

6. You can look up the crew by flight number. I don't really know why you would care though. You can click on a crewmember's name and see their picture.

7. Have it. There's about a 5 minute lag time but it's there.

8. Our payroll is pretty weak right now, but with the PBS agreement the company will offer a webpage with day-by-day readouts of our pay. It hasn't happened yet.

9. Don't have it.

I know you guys at ASA use crew track. From what I know, it does not provide the same capability as our Crew Communications System (CCS). So let’s talk about what each system does, and try to decide which one would be better for us to have at the new ASA. CCS was actually developed for Continental, so it is not an off the shelf program.

XJT guys feel free to weigh in. I can't possibly come up with all of the CCS functions.

This is off the top of my head.

2. Instant trip trades

Alright, tell us about Crew Track...

We got all that 'cept for 9... plus partial trip drop/trades when that "evil" pbs is implemented.

CAL pilots have CCS, and they can call in sick on their CCS.

Do you guys have positive check-in for your trips? We use to have to check-in the day prior via CCS, but we got rid of that a few years ago. Now we just show up at the airplane. FA's still have to check-in in person though.

Do you guys have positive check-in for your trips? We use to have to check-in the day prior via CCS, but we got rid of that a few years ago. Now we just show up at the airplane. FA's still have to check-in in person though.

Check in via a computer that's on the company network, meaning at the crew lounges. Have to make a call to scheduling if you're running late and just go straight to the gate, but our Director of Ops says that there will be a change to that coming soon....

speaking of payroll..my checks have been screwed up severely for the last 3 months now-what gives??

Latest resources

Back