alphabet equipment list deadline?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GravityHater

We can't agree on what our airplane is - you know the new alpha-designations of your equipment on the domestic rnav flight plans such as SRBWT/GP or whatever they are.
Right now FSS is accepting what we put in, although I don't think they are exact.

What deadline might there be, before atc starts getting cranky about it being off a bit?
Is no one else struggling with this? Trying fltplan.com's algorithm to work it out.

we are TCAS I is that "Mode C" or C?

N - NIL....no operable transponder at all
A - No Mode C...(4 digits - 4,096 codes) a Mode A transponder that does not have altitude reporting capability
C - Mode C...a Mode A transponder that reports altitude
P - Alt-No ID...a Mode S transponder that reports altitude but does not have Flight ID(A/C Reg.) reporting
I - No Alt-with ID...the letter I (india) signifies a Mode S transponder that doesn't report your altitude but does report Flight ID.
S - Both Alt & ID...a Mode S transponder that is capable of both altitude and Flight ID(A/C Reg.) reporting
X - No Alt-No ID...a Mode S transponder that does not report altitude or Flight ID(A/C Reg.)
Note 1 : If you have TCAS II (RA - Resolution Advisory), you are not MODE C. You are either Mode P or Mode S.

we are TCAS I is that "Mode C" or C?

N - NIL....no operable transponder at all
A - No Mode C...(4 digits - 4,096 codes) a Mode A transponder that does not have altitude reporting capability
C - Mode C...a Mode A transponder that reports altitude
P - Alt-No ID...a Mode S transponder that reports altitude but does not have Flight ID(A/C Reg.) reporting
I - No Alt-with ID...the letter I (india) signifies a Mode S transponder that doesn't report your altitude but does report Flight ID.
S - Both Alt & ID...a Mode S transponder that is capable of both altitude and Flight ID(A/C Reg.) reporting
X - No Alt-No ID...a Mode S transponder that does not report altitude or Flight ID(A/C Reg.)
Note 1 : If you have TCAS II (RA - Resolution Advisory), you are not MODE C. You are either Mode P or Mode S.

TCAS I has nothing to do with the proper Transponder code.
What are you flying? What avionics are installed?

I would imagine you need to files as a SDGWZ/C

S= Standard operable equipment, vhf,vor/ils, adf
D= DME
G= GNSS - GPS
W= RVSM approved
Z= Other equipment (GNSxLS capabilities)
/C = Standard mode c Transponder.

The below is copied from the domestic ICAO flight plan section of Duats.

you can select one or more of the following letters to indicate the COM/NAV/ approach aid equipment is available and serviceable: A (Not allocated) I Inertial Navigation R RNP10 - [SIZE=-1]Note 5[/SIZE] B (Not allocated) J (Data Link - [SIZE=-1]Note 3[/SIZE]) T TACAN C LORAN C K MLS U UHF RTF D DME L ILS V VHF RTF E (Not allocated) M Omega W RVSM F ADF O VOR X MNPS G (GNSS) P (Not Allocated) Y (Not Allocated) H HF RTF Q (Not Allocated) Z Other equipment carried (see [SIZE=-1]note 2[/SIZE]) [SIZE=-1]Note 2[/SIZE]: If the letter Z is used, specify in Item 18 the other equipment carried, preceded by COM/ and/or NAV/, as appropriate.

[SIZE=-1]Note 3[/SIZE]: If the letter J is used, specify in Item 18 the equipment carried, preceded by DAT/ followed by one or more letters, as appropriate.

[SIZE=-1]Note 4[/SIZE]: Information on navigation capability is provided to ATC for clearance and routing purposes.

[SIZE=-1]Note 5[/SIZE]: Inclusion of letter R indicates that an aircraft meets the RNP type prescribed for the route segment(s) and/or route(s) concerned.

some are saying I need an R between the G and W.....what say you all?

D= DME
G= GNSS - GPS
W= RVSM approved

some are saying I need an R between the G and W.....what say you all?

D= DME
G= GNSS - GPS
W= RVSM approved

Edit: Nevermind I was thinking something else

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back