Alpha Flyning /Plane Sense

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Try 50-60K for a first year NJ FO.

I would submit that your total includes OT and perdiem. Base pay first year Captains at Alpha make 40K not including OT or perdiem (should not be included, as we all eat and drink it away anyway :beer:). It's not great money for sure, but it starts to add up as longevity adds up. The contract has gone or is going away for Captains from what I have heard. More news on this after another big meeting tomorrow.

The single engine time certainly does not help, but folks like myself like it because I live close to work and don't have to move. Ask the long term folks at the FedEx feeders why they have been there so long. Similar answers, I would say.

Feel free to PM me with questions.

How do you lure Fo's to fly there? I guess somehow they can log PIC time? SIC single engine is not worth anything. Pay is better then regional, but what (as an FO) do you get at the end of the day? No real time to speak of.... Just wondering
F the B

One of my friends went there with less than 1000 hours I believe and was able to build up his cross-country, IMC, night time, etc, while he built multi-time on the side. Then moved on to a regional. He said he liked it enough that he would have stayed had there been a second engine on the airplane. There are certainly some good reasons to take the job. However, unless you live in NH or Maine and want to stay there, I can't think of why else a 4000 hour pilot would go there.

Mr. I.

One of my friends went there with less than 1000 hours I believe and was able to build up his cross-country, IMC, night time, etc, while he built multi-time on the side. Then moved on to a regional. He said he liked it enough that he would have stayed had there been a second engine on the airplane. There are certainly some good reasons to take the job. However, unless you live in NH or Maine and want to stay there, I can't think of why else a 4000 hour pilot would go there.

Mr. I.

They've added Atlanta (PDK) and Ft. Lauderdale as pilot domiciles. Personally, I think it would be a good introduction to fractional flying, instrument flying and customer service for younger, less experienced pilots who want to see the country and build some time for 2 years. I hear the Pilatus is fun to fly - you might actually enjoy the flying for a year or two and then move on to a CRJ/ERJ position to build more relevant time. That intitial fractional experience might make you more attractive to a Netjets/Flexjet in the longer term if that is your ultimate goal - you never know...

They've added Atlanta (PDK) and Ft. Lauderdale as pilot domiciles. Personally, I think it would be a good introduction to fractional flying, instrument flying and customer service for younger, less experienced pilots who want to see the country and build some time for 2 years. I hear the Pilatus is fun to fly - you might actually enjoy the flying for a year or two and then move on to a CRJ/ERJ position to build more relevant time. That intitial fractional experience might make you more attractive to a Netjets/Flexjet in the longer term if that is your ultimate goal - you never know...

What he said; stay tuned.

Latest resources

Back