ALPA regionals unite to protect flying

buscap

Total Time

crj567

"whipsaw"

-What a useless word.... There is nothing ALPA or anyone else can or will do to fix this situation. What are all the regionals gonna do? Go on a wildcat strike?

-Yep-
"We fart in your general direction" would be the bottom line of this meeting.

JoeMerchant

ASA pilot
Total Time
14000+
I found this feed to a recent meeting of most ALPA regional MECs. The purpose of the meeting was to discuss ways to prevent whipsaw and transfer of flying to the lowest bidders.

Sounds like the RJDC may have done some good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIzivCJ9pzU&feature=related
Who are you making fun of? "Regional MECs" and "RJDC" are not the same thing....RJDC did more to protect us than the "regional MECs" did.....

ACL65PILOT

Total Time
9000+
I think DALPA was there too, if this is the meeting I am thinking of ask your MEC chair what was proposed....

Browntothebone

Total Time
-
Since the regional MECs claim that mainline does not own the flying but the holding companies do (DAL, UAL, AMR) why don't the regional MECs get scope clauses in their contracts that scope out mainline from taking back flying that the regionals currently do. That way you guys can keep your flying for the quick upgrades and getting that 1000hrs of turbine PIC you need in order to get on with a major.

crj567

Since the regional MECs claim that mainline does not own the flying but the holding companies do (DAL, UAL, AMR) why don't the regional MECs get scope clauses in their contracts that scope out mainline from taking back flying that the regionals currently do. That way you guys can keep your flying for the quick upgrades and getting that 1000hrs of turbine PIC you need in order to get on with a major.
-WHY WON'T THIS TURD FLUSH?!?!

buscap

Total Time
Who are you making fun of? "Regional MECs" and "RJDC" are not the same thing....RJDC did more to protect us than the "regional MECs" did.....
The answer is E, all of the above.

RJDC was thrown in as chum!!!

seniorgolfer

Total Time

Why assume every regional pilot wants to fly for a major? I don't! I like my regional job--always have!