ALPA Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

servicemonkey

Does anyone know if furloughed ALPA pilots get preferential treatment when another ALPA carrier starts hiring?Say if USAIR guys want to go to Alaska when/if they start hiring again-do they get put at the top of the list?Thanks.

Nope.

I agree with the AlaskaFO and dragin guy above. There is nothing written (as of yet) for pref. hiring between alpa carriers. The closest I've herd of this in recent times is allegheny hiring furloughed U mainline guys with pref.

I think it would be more up to the individual interviewer in the alpa pref. thing. Maybe the interview guy is pro alpa and will give you a break but that is long odds, just a thought. y

You will have better chances with a 4 year degree, clean record, good total time, quality pic turbine time, an internal rec. and solid interview skills. Finally a true lust to work for said company will do the most good. Hiring cycle after hiring cycle shows this is the tried and true method to get the job (unless your a hott chick).

Happy Flying

O almost forgot

i'll second that ak737fo

No radio, no check list, no schedule to keep. Just the beat of a radial, wind through the wires and a grin on my face.

and bring the F-86 back to the Air Guard too.

Latest resources

Back