ALPA Photo contest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DairyAir

After seeing the rather pathetic photos from last years contest I was looking forward to seeing a little better showing for this year. When I logged on while the images were better there was one that was completely fake i.e. photoshopped to death. Any of you ALPA members back me up on this one, the 747 lightning one. I showed it to my wife and she could not believe they even accepted it. If it is almost dark, the sunset out the front right window that is being obscured by the cloud, how is the back of the guys head being lit up. I was photgraphy major and I know that if there was a lightning bolt that close that guy would be completely silhouetted. Anyway maybe I am just trying to beat the other guy down so I can win, my photo is the second one of the RJ taxiing in IAD, and no I did not edit it in anyway as per the rules of the contest.

Cheerio and help a Regional brother out!
Vote for photo # 2 I could really use the cash!

Here's a link to the two images to take a look, even if you can't vote you can see what i am talking about.

www.johngette.com/images/image1.jpg
www.johngette.com/images/image2.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, image1 is absolutely awesome

#1 is absolutely fake. Look at the overhead panel, all of the flat-surfaced switches/buttons are reflecting the same light. The shadows are consistent with an aircraft that is flying during the daytime when the lighting is more even. Need something else to consider? Take a look at the post that runs up the center of the windscreen, notice on the left side that the post doesn't run straight up and down, it has a slight indentation or bend to it. Need more proof? Just above that same post is the mag compass housing. Check the lighting that is reflecting on both sides of the housing...it's even and the same, definitely not being illuminated by the lighting. Need even MORE proof? Take a look at the pilot's finger, it is distorted where the clouds where photoshopped into the picture.

It's a fake, 100% fake.

Agreed #1 is majorly fake on many, many levels!

Great idea for a pic, just someone needs to learn how to be a little more discreet with photoshopping!

Latest resources

Back