• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA on Emirates and Etihad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you still hiring street captains? I think I can be a captain there before you.
And how much is the captain pay for the 330/340?
Here in the states I make over 200 per hour and my last gross pay was around 250k and I paid 53k taxes and that's around 18 k per month.

I hope I will more than 18 k per month at Emirates

oh yeah, my dad can beat up your dad

Rushing the Frat

Who ever said the low first year pay has anything to do with training costs?

Here's how it came about. We used to have "pledge year", when new-hires got full pay but were forced to wear beanies, recite from the Book of Knowledge, perform humiliating tasks, and get smacked with a paddle. One day, a rich kid went to Management and offered to buy his way out of pledge year for $20k. They said: "Ooohh ... Money!! Great idea, and we'll make that the new rule."
And so began probationary pay. ;)

I don't know why the Delta guy always turns everything into, mine is better than yours when he is proven wrong.

I'm still laughing at the general after the Milan-JFK flight was officially announced 24 hours after he was ranting how that would NEVER EVER HAPPEN.

I never said it wouldn't happen, I said it likely wouldn't work. There is plenty of competition from MXP to NYC, and I also stated I didn't think EK or EY would have some sort of "hub" from JFK going to Europe. Most major US airports are full, not a lot of gate space or slots at certain airports. EK and EY mainly present big problems to European carriers, taking pax from Europe to India/Pakistan, SE Asia, and even Australia. From the US on the other hand, it's faster to go the other way, not through Dubai or Abu Dhabi. So, European airlines are more at risk, and if you guys keep pushing them more, I bet local politicians will add more restrictions, regardless if your order Airbus products or not.

Bye Bye---General Lee

How much of that competition comes anywhere near EK's product?

Delta has 25 million Skymiles members, always looking for that extra upgrade in status. (buying a European Ticket really adds to it) AA and UA have the same. All 3 also have huge connections, along with EK's tie to Jetblue. So, I have a feeling everyone will be alright. And thanks to the downturn in the Italian economy, not everyone will be able to afford a 1st class ticket on EK, with it's ultra diamond premium service. Also, when those guys get off the super duper rich first class seat from the EK 773, do they really want to get on a JB flight to LAS? With the "commoners?" Hardly. They want to sit in First Class with larger seats ALL THE WAY....

Bye Bye---General Lee

What I actually think is interesting is what EK/EY/QR think of Turkish Airlines? They have a better position geographically (where Europe and Asia meet--IST), they are ordering tons of planes of all sizes, have chefs on all of their widebodies, and have NO restrictions of entry into Germany, France, etc. They may also hurt the European carriers (although they are in an Alliance), but may beat the ME airlines at their own game. The fight over there looks interesting from way back here! Have at it!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Based on history street captains is a normal thing at Emirates while screwing their current first officers

Not?

I was speaking more specifically.

The hiring process is quite thorough. They do a specific test for 'insular xenophobia'; on day three a man with a beard wearing a burka jumps out from behind a door and yells "Boo !". If you reach for the place where you'd normally carry a concealed sidearm ...... You're done :D

Latest resources

Back