• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ironspud

From another board - not verified:

Fellow American Eagle pilots,

This afternoon, we received Arbitrator LaRocco’s decision in the grievance over whether American Eagle pilots holding AA pilot seniority numbers have the right to be recalled in AA seniority order.

Arbitrator LaRocco ruled that Eagle pilots holding AA pilot seniority numbers do not have a right to be recalled to AA along with furloughed pilots.

If you will recall, a few months ago, ALPA presented the American Eagle pilot group with a tentative agreement that would have granted 1,650 pilots on the American Eagle pilot list AA pilot seniority numbers ahead of any future AA new hires, guaranteed their right to flow to AA even after the expiration of the original Letter 3, and provided cash bonuses ranging from $10,000 to $30,000 dollars, in addition to a second year pay scale for Eagle pilots currently holding AA pilot seniority numbers.

AMR management gambled the gains of the tentative agreement by trying to secure promises from the APA regarding the exercising of our CRJ-700 options. They stated numerous times that Arbitrator LaRocco would rule that Eagle pilots had the right to be recalled to AA along with furloughed pilots. Watching our company gamble away over 1,600 mainline jobs and the removal of our current cost disparity with our competition is one of the most egregious and unfortunate acts I’ve seen in my eleven years with this company.

When management took a position in support of ALPA in the arbitration, we were clear with them that our chances of success in this arbitration were slim. Yet management chose to disregard our predictions and financial forecasting and relied solely on a favorable outcome from this grievance. In doing so, management willingly squandered 1,650 guaranteed pilot jobs at American Airlines, $150 million in savings, and the long-term viability of this corporation.

We are calling on all Eagle pilots to let management know that their poor decisions do not go unnoticed and that the American Eagle pilots will not shoulder the burden imposed by management’s failures.

From another board - not verified:

Fellow American Eagle pilots,

This afternoon, we received Arbitrator LaRocco’s decision in the grievance over whether American Eagle pilots holding AA pilot seniority numbers have the right to be recalled in AA seniority order.

Arbitrator LaRocco ruled that Eagle pilots holding AA pilot seniority numbers do not have a right to be recalled to AA along with furloughed pilots.

If you will recall, a few months ago, ALPA presented the American Eagle pilot group with a tentative agreement that would have granted 1,650 pilots on the American Eagle pilot list AA pilot seniority numbers ahead of any future AA new hires, guaranteed their right to flow to AA even after the expiration of the original Letter 3, and provided cash bonuses ranging from $10,000 to $30,000 dollars, in addition to a second year pay scale for Eagle pilots currently holding AA pilot seniority numbers.

AMR management gambled the gains of the tentative agreement by trying to secure promises from the APA regarding the exercising of our CRJ-700 options. They stated numerous times that Arbitrator LaRocco would rule that Eagle pilots had the right to be recalled to AA along with furloughed pilots. Watching our company gamble away over 1,600 mainline jobs and the removal of our current cost disparity with our competition is one of the most egregious and unfortunate acts I’ve seen in my eleven years with this company.

When management took a position in support of ALPA in the arbitration, we were clear with them that our chances of success in this arbitration were slim. Yet management chose to disregard our predictions and financial forecasting and relied solely on a favorable outcome from this grievance. In doing so, management willingly squandered 1,650 guaranteed pilot jobs at American Airlines, $150 million in savings, and the long-term viability of this corporation.

We are calling on all Eagle pilots to let management know that their poor decisions do not go unnoticed and that the American Eagle pilots will not shoulder the burden imposed by management’s failures.

It's true, but this pirticular grievance was a longshot.

The right of flowthrough pilots to still exercise their ability to flowthrough to AA after the agreement expires in early May still has yet to be decided and most believe that they will still hold that right. AA, Eagle and ALPA all were in agreement they could, while the APA apparently took "no position".

To be continued...................

It's true, but this pirticular grievance was a longshot.

The right of flowthrough pilots to still exercise their ability to flowthrough to AA after the agreement expires in early May still has yet to be decided and most believe that they will still hold that right. AA, Eagle and ALPA all were in agreement they could, while the APA apparently took "no position".

To be continued...................

Its funny how Eagle pilots are still believing in some illusions that any of these agreements would even remotely work, kinda sad actually. I am just happy I jumped ship quickly :)

Its funny how Eagle pilots are still believing in some illusions that any of these agreements would even remotely work, kinda sad actually. I am just happy I jumped ship quickly :)

Actually it's only one agreement, but with all your MONTHS in the airline industry I can see why you know so little.

Best of luck at Mesa.

Latest resources

Back