ALPA loses another Airline

MCDU

Total Time
Well looks like Polar and Atlas will be leaving. Another great merger under ALPA merger policy.

At least ALPA got Colon Airlines sp?

ALPA to be renamed RALPA after United leaves. United will leave ALPA if the merger policy is not changed.

SUBJECT
[FONT=&quot]National Seniority Protocol[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]SOURCE[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]UAL MEC[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]BACKGROUND INFORMATION[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]See proposed resolution.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]PROPOSED RESOLUTION[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WHEREAS the Air Line Pilots Association has been at the forefront of pilot labor representation in the airline industry since 1931, and has consistently been the champion of safety protocols that assure our passengers have the safest transportation system possible, and[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]WHEREAS the 77 year history of ALPA is replete with examples of bold decisions made by ALPA leaders in order to assure that measures, necessary to protect the economic bargaining rights and professional interests of its members, have been instituted and that the best interests of the profession have been secured, and, [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]WHEREAS opportunities to make significant and enduring policy changes that enhance the professional opportunities of every ALPA member come along rarely and are often precipitated by industry destabilizing events like those brought to bear on ALPA members with The Airline Deregulation Act of 1978, the September 11th acts of war, the bankruptcy era, and the current manipulated inflation of the price of petroleum, and[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]WHEREAS the most unfulfilled professional benefit, recognized by all airline pilots and by ALPA members specifically, is the lack of a policy, derived from fundamental union principals, that enables and enforces the individual members’ ability to transfer their seniority, longevity, and operational experience as professionals from one airline employer to another, thereby allowing a manipulation of their entire career path by the actions of the very same capitalist cabal whose fundamental goal is to limit, degrade and minimize the essential role of pilots to the airline industry, and[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]WHEREAS parochial company loyalty, historically embraced by ALPA pioneers of previous eras, has been perverted and used against ALPA members as a capitalist leveraging tool that stifles the inherent right of professional pilots to collectively negotiate an economically sound and stable ratio of pay and work rules for identical job responsibilities using the continual underlying threat of losing the earned seniority benefits derived from their professional longevity at a particular airline while being compared to the economics of another airline (whipsawing), and[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]WHEREAS the fundamental principal of national seniority does not conflict with the current or future job prospects of pilots but instead extends a common system of advancement to be used at every ALPA carrier and bonds all ALPA pilots to the profession instead of to an individual airline; a national seniority list would assure a logical and rational adherence to a measurable, protected status of those pilots from a commonly defined starting point in their professional careers regardless of how many airlines may exist, regardless of the skill and economic acumen of the managements that run them, and regardless of the transient political influence of the day, and[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]WHEREAS the career security of any pilot who was able to transfer his seniority to another air carrier would liberate ALPA pilots and forever eliminate the ability of management to whipsaw or erode ALPA unity based on loss of job threats, economic fear or arbitrary merger awards, based on a perceived surviving carrier analogy, thus enabling ALPA to negotiate wages and work rules at all airlines based on the pilots’ collective evaluation of their true contribution and economic value to an air carrier,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the Executive Board acknowledges this historic and momentous opportunity in time when several key air carrier contract amendable dates are so closely aligned, and which could be coordinated as part of this undertaking, that will launch a historic, new career security protocol for all ALPA pilots and by design, realign the true interests and career expectations of every pilot represented by ALPA both now and in the future, and[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the development of a national seniority protocol be assigned to a select National Seniority Committee (NSC) consisting of the President of ALPA; one pilot from each represented pilot group within group A, to be appointed by the Master Chairman of each MEC of the group; and one pilot representing each group designation: B1, B2, B3, B4 and C, each of whom shall be appointed by a consensus of the MEC Master Chairmen from each of the pilot groups represented within a classification; for a total of 11 members, and[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the National Seniority Committee will establish a single national seniority protocol that will be used to establish two separate lists reflecting the Canadian ALPA pilots and the United States ALPA pilots, and[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the protocol for an ALPA national seniority list will be developed by the NSC under a rigid timeline with a specific date for completion in 2009, and using a simple and transparent methodology that defines a starting point common to all professional air line pilots from which all seniority benefits and longevity will derive, and,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that without discrimination to any pilot, the NSC will set and fix a methodology recognizing “benchmarks of career achievement” with associated “exercise rights” in order to minimize unrealistic windfalls/detriments to any pilot unless and until those common benchmarks have been met, regardless of whether the benchmarks have been achieved at an ALPA carrier or not, and[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that upon completion of the protocol, the NSC will present a single, unified explanation of the developed protocol to all ALPA members, and all other represented professional pilot groups, using all available communication tools before preferably submitting the NSC proposal for ALPA-wide membership ratification, Roll Call by the governing body, or the applicable rules as stipulated in the ALPA Constitution and By Laws, and[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that upon adoption as ALPA policy by the proper authorizing internal ALPA mechanisms, the national seniority protocol will be enforced as of that date and no ALPA Collective Bargaining Agreement will be signed by the President of the Association without full inclusion of this policy as a part thereof.[/FONT]

M

Carl S.

Total Time
15K+
Delta, NWA and AWA had no problems with the merger policy, just the leadership! I believe that the motion was never moved on by national, so dream on.

T2Bus

Aircooled By T2
Total Time
Much
Another McDrip positing ..... get a life buddy.

MCDU

Total Time
You to buddy.

M

Raoul Duke

Total Time
what makes you think any company will agree to a national list? It is a pipe dream by a proven idiot

flygirlqt

Legal Eagle
Total Time
------
Did UAL alpa actually write this resolution?

MCDU

Total Time
yes they did. It was done at the [FONT=&quot]102ND REGULAR EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETING [/FONT][FONT=&quot]September 9-10, 2008[/FONT]

M

MCDU

Total Time
Oh no, just when I thought I could post something without tourette boy chiming in. Well, I guess
Dope in an RJ is a stalker. So be it.
M

catIIIc

Total Time
5000+
United did write this resolution but it was never voted on, plus if United did leave ALPA the law states that if two parties cannot come to an agreement it goes to arbitration and with the last arbitrations going basically relative seniority a precedence has been set.

Scope out RJ's

Banned
Total Time
Oh no, just when I thought I could post something without tourette boy chiming in. Well, I guess
Dope in an RJ is a stalker. So be it.
M
MCdoosh: (I love how you acknowledge your name is mcdoosh):laugh:
Did you forget to take your meds again?
Oh no, just when I though I could post something without tourette boy chiming in. Well I guess MCdoosh in a rj is a stalker. So be it.
GFYSMCDU!

hockeypilot44

Total Time
Delta, NWA and AWA had no problems with the merger policy, just the leadership! I believe that the motion was never moved on by national, so dream on.
There are plenty of NWA pilots that have a problem with ALPA merger policy. The NWA pilots were set back years by the Delta merger. If NWA had the numbers, another decertification might have happened. AWA and Delta have no problems because they were the "big winners." Whose a big winner? The Delta and AWA pilots are big winners.

NWA should have de-certified ALPA before the merger. Federal law would have required DOH be used. I personally felt DOH favored Delta long term.

Last edited:

xanderman

Total Time
. Federal law would have required DOH be used.
Clearly you are either just plain stupid or you failed to read the new law...

Maybe you can point out with a cut and paste where DOH is stated to be the method?

You are correct however that NWA should have acted before hand. But then we come full circle regarding the new law... Get that cut and paste yet?

Deadalus

Painting the grass green
Total Time
There are plenty of NWA pilots that have a problem with ALPA merger policy. The NWA pilots were set back years by the Delta merger. If NWA had the numbers, another decertification might have happened. AWA and Delta have no problems because they were the "big winners." Whose a big winner? The Delta and AWA pilots are big winners.

NWA should have de-certified ALPA before the merger. Federal law would have required DOH be used. I personally felt DOH favored Delta long term.
Federal law does NOT require DOH to be used. In fact it is just the opposite. In a case such as AWA/AAA DOH would be viewed as unjust. Did you not read the law that was passed after the AWA/AAA merger? It's purpose was to prevent groups like AAA trying to use DOH to staple another pilot group. Where do you morons get this stuff?

T2Bus

Aircooled By T2
Total Time
Much
McDrip....sounds like a STD, or maybe a "Proud Union Member" of that new union who promotes.

pipe

fuggedaboutit
Total Time
Everyone is sure jumping on MCDU. It's an issue that has got to get addressed. The points in the beginning of the resolution are all valid whether you agree with the proposed solution or not.

PIPE

Scope out RJ's

Banned
Total Time
Everyone is sure jumping on MCDU. It's an issue that has got to get addressed. The points in the beginning of the resolution are all valid whether you agree with the proposed solution or not.

PIPE
Pipe:
MCDU has been busted on here by several people (including me) as nothing but a flame thrower. He claims to work for US Air east, and UAL, his hire dates have all been bull ********************, and all he is tring to do is incite anger with the (former) America West pilots.
Just click on my signature and it will lead you to some intersting finds by mcdoosh.
I noticed the mods banned acarpe for his trolling and flaming of the comair guys yet they continue to let this *********************************** keep up with his postings. Why?

Last edited:

weasel_lips

Total Time
Pipe:
MCDU has been busted on here by several people (including me) as nothing but a flame thrower. He claims to work for US Air east, and UAL, his hire dates have all been bull ********************, and all he is tring to do is incite anger with the (former) America West pilots.
Just click on my signature and it will lead you to some intersting finds by mcdoosh.
I noticed the mods banned acarpe for his trolling and flaming of the comair guys yet they continue to let this *********************************** keep up with his postings. Why?

YOU ARE THE FLAMER AROUND HERE.