Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
oiltycoon said:
(11 posts laters)

So when are we going to talk about ALPA insurance?

After Flechas sits down, opens his mail, gets informed and educated on the subject and then starts an open discussion with comments and specific questions......

The ALPA life insurance is a rip off. The ALPA loss of lic. seems like a good deal (I can't beat it anywhere). Those are the products I've investigated myself. I hope this helps!

AZT

Rez O. Lewshun said:
After Flechas sits down, opens his mail, gets informed and educated on the subject and then starts an open discussion with comments and specific questions......

Flechas already opened his mail, read the info, and got educated.

Once again, I wanted to know what people think about it, not what ALPA wants me to know. Over a year ago I bought a temporary insurance with Fortis, and although on paper it seemed really good, they screwed me big time.

Thanks forplaying though, another member was kind enough to give me someinfovia PM.

AZ Typed said:
The ALPA life insurance is a rip off. The ALPA loss of lic. seems like a good deal (I can't beat it anywhere). Those are the products I've investigated myself. I hope this helps!

AZT

Thanks man.

AZ Typed said:

AZT

Maybe it is... When I looked for life ins., my part 121 flying doubled my premiums...

The ALPA sponsored New York Life insurance is $35/month for 800K.

I've got the loss of license insurance...you get (if memory serves) two and a half times your income if you are not able to work as a pilot due to medical reasons... works out to about $50 a month. so far so good. one year waiting period after loss of license to collect though

You life insurance agent is clueless. A reputable company will not view 121 or 135 flying negatively. I have the best rates, preferred plus, through AIG: $1,000,000 for $42 a month...and yes I fly 135. That's a 20 year LEVEL term policy. The ALPA insurance is 10 years level, then the rates go up. It's a total scam. I suggest you find a competent advisor.

AZT

AZ Typed said:
You life insurance agent is clueless. A reputable company will not view 121 or 135 flying negatively. I have the best rates, preferred plus, through AIG: $1,000,000 for $42 a month...and yes I fly 135. That's a 20 year LEVEL term policy. The ALPA insurance is 10 years level, then the rates go up. It's a total scam. I suggest you find a competent advisor.

AZT

Copy that...... will look into it...

Latest resources

Back