ALPA Files with NMB for Commutair Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PCL_128

ALPA has filed authorization for representation cards with the NMB for the Colgan pilots. In other words, there will soon be an ALPA vote at Commutair. All Commutair pilots should attend some events and talk to your organizing committee and ALPA volunteers. This is an important decision. Don't make the same mistake that the Colgan pilots made.

www.alpa.org/commutair

ALPA has filed authorization for representation cards with the NMB for the Colgan pilots. In other words, there will soon be an ALPA vote at Commutair.

Very glad to hear it.

I only wish they'd made the right decision in 2002 for the last ALPA vote, before the health insurance went up, the bonus disappeared, and days off got taken away because of understaffing. It's going to be a much steeper hill to climb because the status quo has changed dramatically.

Good luck, guys. I've seen the other end of the tunnel when a group pulls together, and it's worth the fight!

Good luck, guys. I've seen the other end of the tunnel when a group pulls together, and it's worth the fight!

Yeah pulling together would be good but we all know it's about the quick upgrade because once you reach 1000 PIC you're golden!

Yeah pulling together would be good but we all know it's about the quick upgrade because once you reach 1000 PIC you're golden!

Flashbacks! :D

I'll never forget the senior PLB jackass who told me, upon hearing that we had enough cards to call for a vote, "Hope you're happy, now you're gonna f--- up my company." Nice! Hope he's enjoying his commute and his two lost days off per bid, neither of which had nothing to do with ALPA. :rolleyes:

anyone know the ratio of regional/commuter to major pilot that ALPA represents?

off the top of my head - USA airlines only:

commuter/regional: eagle, asa, comair, psa, coex, pdt, pinnacle, mesaba, awac, mesa, tsa, island air, skyway

major or national or sigle carrier (ie - no commuter afil airlines):delta, ual, cal, aaa, awa, astar, ata, atlas, aloah, capy, champ, evergreen, fdx, gemini, hal, nwa, polar, ryan, spirit, sun country

if you look at the "big players" (for lack of a better term and no offence to the others) on the second list: UAL, DAL, CAL, FDX, NWA, AAA/AWA - than look at the first list (the commuters) and toss Skyway (sorry guys) and Island Air.

Numbers from Airlinepilot central:
majors- (cal,dal,nwa,ual,aaa,fdx)

5087+7280+5156+8300+5028+4760=35611

big player commuters:eagle, asa, comair, tsa, awac, pdt, coex, psa

3000+1700+1476+3040+810+490+480+3040=14036

not sure what my point was/is, in the middle of typing the above post at about 12:30am I hear a loud bang outside.

Some drunk and lucky guy missed the curve and took out about 4 lengths of the retired American guys fence across the street. I call 911 and go outside to see the guy putting a load of attorney papers back into his flipped BMW suv. I ask if he's ok and see the big gash on his head. After checking if there is anyone left inside (there was none) I notice the engine is on fire. Grab one drunk guy and move away. Cops show up in about 10 minutes - car is ablaze - retired american dc-10 guys fence/mailbox and driveway are on fire also. Fire company shows up - drunk guy cuffed and get a ride in a cop car.

not sure what my point was/is, in the middle of typing the above post at about 12:30am I hear a loud bang outside.

Some drunk and lucky guy missed the curve and took out about 4 lengths of the retired American guys fence across the street. I call 911 and go outside to see the guy putting a load of attorney papers back into his flipped BMW suv. I ask if he's ok and see the big gash on his head. After checking if there is anyone left inside (there was none) I notice the engine is on fire. Grab one drunk guy and move away. Cops show up in about 10 minutes - car is ablaze - retired american dc-10 guys fence/mailbox and driveway are on fire also. Fire company shows up - drunk guy cuffed and get a ride in a cop car.

Thats a funny story! Are you going to be that guy on the news describing the horror? If so mention you were on flightinfo when it happened!

anyone know the ratio of regional/commuter to major pilot that ALPA represents?
It's rapidly closing. Over 40% of the members are now B-carrier pilots (B-carriers are the smaller pilot groups). Another decade or so, and I'd imagine that the B-carrier pilots outnumber the A-carrier pilots. B-carriers already vastly outnumber the A-carriers on the Executive Board.

Latest resources

Back