• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA Email Campaign

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nobody said "I hope I am politically effective in my Air Line Pilot Career".....

yet in order to to fly great equipment, have good days off and pay... all relative to the economic times, Air Line Pilots have to be politically effective...

No politics... no career....

I am not saying I like it.... just saying how it is...

I just wrote my Senator and Congresswoman today for the first time in my life. I encourage everyone to do the same. It only takes a few minutes.

where is the link to vote ALPO off the face of the earth?

Here it is: http://public.alpa.org/portals/alpa/fastread/2009/FastRead_20090717.htm#03

Seven ALPA Pilots Chosen for FAA ARC

The FAA is undertaking a comprehensive review of flight-time and duty-time (FT/DT) regulations to better reflect current research on sleep, rest periods, and alertness. The next phase of the process in updating FT/DT rules is to convene an Aviation Rulemaking Committee (ARC), a group made up of representatives from labor, industry, and the FAA, who will draft the proposed changes. Seven ALPA pilots have been selected to participate in this endeavor. ALPA’s executive administrator, Capt. Don Wykoff, will co-chair the ARC. Other pilots who will serve include Capt. Bill Soer (FDX), Capt. Darrel Cox (MSA), Capt. Greg Whiting (UAL), and Capt. Michael Hynes (CAL). Capt. Matt Rettig (EGL) and Capt. Peter Davis (ASA) will act as alternates.

These gentlemen will be crucial in helping other ARC participants understand the practical applications of the rules and the pilot perspective.
ALPA has long been a proponent of updating FT/DT regulations to better reflect the existing science. In a recent statement, ALPA president Capt. John Prater said, “Considering that the pilot flight-time and rest rules in use today were created more than 60 years ago, it becomes immediately clear that we need a swift and innovative approach to modernizing these standards.”

Latest resources

Back