• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA Could drive Skywest stock DOWN.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I couldn't believe this post when I saw it. What do you care what the stock price is unless you own a lot of stock?

Geez...I better not get a good contract, get paid what I deserve, have some job protections...or else our stock price might go down.

I remember why I cringe every time I see a -900 from you guys...you're on a different planet than the rest of us.

Hey here's an idea...Maybe you could fly a 737 for your current rates...That could help your stock price even more!

Apparently St. George is so worried about the union drive they've hired some Dixie college interns to post nonsense on internet chat boards.

Anyone else care to point out that Southwest is probably one of if not THE most heavily unionized airlines in the US. I mean it is amazing that Southwest can get anybody to buy a share of their stock with all those terrible unions, right?

However looking back on a 10 year line Skywest Airlines stock has continually averaged 2-7 dollars a share higher.

Looking at the price difference of shares between two different companies tells you absolutely nothing. The price of a share is simply the market cap divided by the total number of shares. Some companies decide to issue more shares than others, therefore they can have the exact same market cap but completely different prices of shares. The company with the lower share price isn't necessarily less healthy, there are simply more shares in the market that dilute the value of a single share.

Looking at the price difference of shares between two different companies tells you absolutely nothing. The price of a share is simply the market cap divided by the total number of shares. Some companies decide to issue more shares than others, therefore they can have the exact same market cap but completely different prices of shares. The company with the lower share price isn't necessarily less healthy, there are simply more shares in the market that dilute the value of a single share.

Kind of like Berkshire Hathaway with its ridiculously high per share price. They've never split.

This is a perfect thread to let y'all know here, that Jerry A. just sold a bunch of his own Stock. Could he be foreshadowing? Read about it on SKYW ticker. Interesting...hmmm.....

Trojan

This is a perfect thread to let y'all know here, that Jerry A. just sold a bunch of his own Stock. Could he be foreshadowing? Read about it on SKYW ticker. Interesting...hmmm.....

Trojan

He's been doing this 2-3 times per year to exercise options, liquidate assets, and invest in other stuff. Nothing to look at here just being a responsible investor.

Bricktop,

Maybe you should give this statistic to the FO I recently flew with who is trying to support his wife and child on first year FO pay. Sure would be nice to have ASA's new 1st year pay. If Jerry and Co. really wanted Skywest to be the employer of choice they would automatically bump our payrates/work rules upto ASA's new TA. I must have missed the announcement on Ishare.

Apparently St. George is so worried about the union drive they've hired some Dixie college interns to post nonsense on internet chat boards.
I think they must actually be TRYING to get a union on property. 10 months ago, they stiff the bro guys on a payraise and insult the rest of the pilot group with 1%, and now come up with a TA that across the board puts ASA pilots above SkyWest in pay plus COLA....

If someone can get me to consider voting in a union, you know they are pi$$ing some people off...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back